The Agent Statement Date is a way for you to group commission entries by the date you plan to pay your agents. This date is used throughout AgencyBloc and allows you to find missed commissions, project your expected commissions, generate agent statements, and more. Manage your Agent Statement Dates accordingly with the merge, purge, and lock functions. Learn how in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Video Guide (3:34)
When adding commission entries from a carrier statement, you have to specify an Agent Statement Date. This date indicates when you plan to pay out your agents. If you have multiple Agent Statement Dates and you want to consolidate the entries into a single date, you can use the “Merge Agent Statement Dates” function.
To merge dates:
- Navigate to the Commission > Date Utilities page.
- In the “Merge From Date” dropdown list, select the date you want to move.
- All commission entries on the specified date will be moved.
- In the “Into Date” box, enter the statement date you wish to move the commission entries to.
- Enter an existing date to combine multiple dates and their commission entries into a single date. You may also create a new date.
- Select the “Merge Commission Dates” button.
- Please note, merges can't be undone.
If an error occurs when importing carrier statements (maybe the mapping was off) or you need to delete old commission entries to comply with your agency’s data retention policies, you can use the “Purge Commission Entries” function.
To purge entries:
- In the “Agent Statement Date” dropdown list, select the date you want to purge entries from.
- Choose to purge the entire date or only a particular carrier on that date.
- Select the “Purge Commission Entries” button.
- Please note, purges can't be undone.
After reconciling and linking up the commission entries for a particular Agent Statement Date, you can prevent further changes and finalize them by locking the date.
Locking dates ensures that:
- Policies have accurate commission histories.
- Reports and statements are accurate.
- Agents are paid the right amount.
Also, agents may only view statements for dates that have been locked.
If you accidentally lock a statement date too soon or you need to go back to a date to edit it for any reason, you can unlock it. Just make sure you remember to lock the date again after you’ve finished making changes.
Once unlocked, please note that re-linking commission entries will change the history of previously locked Agent Statement Dates.
Why can't my agents download their statements?
Agent Statement Users and Agent CRM Users can access and download statements only for locked Agent Statement Dates. You can lock Agent Statement Dates on the Commission > Date Utilities page. Please note, locking a date prevents further edits to the commission entries of that particular date. You should lock a date only after finalizing its commissions.
Will purging all the entries from a Transaction delete the Transaction?
No. You can delete a Transaction from the Transaction Details. Please note, deleting a Transaction will also delete all of its entries and deposits.