If you’re an administrator at your agency, you may have the ability to create and manage users in AgencyBloc. Please keep in mind, your agency's monthly billing is based on your users. For more details about user pricing, visit the Subscription page in AgencyBloc.
Note: Video was recorded in June 2017. Some of the terms and screens are outdated but the content and processes in this video are still accurate.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Review security groups
Before creating a user, go to Profile & Settings icon > Settings > Security Groups and make sure there is a security group with appropriate permissions for the user. This is important because you must assign the user to a security group during account creation.
Watch the video guide in this article or visit the Managing Security Groups article to learn more.
Create a user
- Go to Profile & Settings > Settings > Users and click the ‘Create New’ button to begin setup
- Assign the new user to a security group
- The security group determines the user’s permissions, which control what areas and data the user can access in AgencyBloc. Security group also affects user pricing.
- Set the user's timezone
- Update user security settings (recommended)
- Accessible agents - required for users with assigned-only permissions
- View agent commission statements - required for Agent Statement Users
- Linked agents - optional for Agency Users and Agent CRM Users
- Team - optional for Agency Users and Agent CRM Users
- Manager - optional for Agency Users and Agent CRM Users
- Select the 'Save & Email Login Info' button
- The new user will be sent an email with a temporary password and login instructions. To edit a user’s login information and securities, follow these same steps.
Delete or suspend a user
You can permanently delete users from Profile & Settings > Settings > Users. All you have to do is access the user in question and delete it.
Note: Deleting a user will remove it from all dropdown menus in AgencyBloc, as well as any automated workflows that have actions to create and assign activities to the user.
If you want to temporarily suspend a user, uncheck the "Active" checkbox. Please note, the user will be inactivated but can be reactivated after a 14-day cooldown period.
If you just want to remove a user from Activity dropdowns without inactivating, contact the Client Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
User security settings
Here are a few other settings that you may want to consider when creating or updating users.
An accessible agent is an agent record in AgencyBloc. The user will only be able to view and edit records (commission, group, individual, or policy) that include the accessible agent as a servicing agent or additional agent.
Note: Each Agent CRM User needs a corresponding agent record in AgencyBloc that can be assigned to the user as an accessible agent. This will grant the Agent CRM User access to their book of business.
A linked agent is an agent record in AgencyBloc. If you assign an agent record as a linked agent, the user will receive activities and emails whenever an automated workflow is triggered that includes the agent as a primary servicing agent.
View agent commission statements
In order for an Agent CRM User or Agent Statement User to run commission statements in AgencyBloc, you will need to assign agent records to the user in the ‘View Agent Commission Statements’ setting.
If you assign the user to a team, the user will receive notifications when activities are assigned to the team. The user will also be able to see team-specific notifications on the dashboard.