As you interact with prospects and clients, you can create new records or update existing records. Keep track of important details and look up information in one place. In this article, learn how to add, update, and delete Groups, Individuals, Agent, and Carriers.
Add a Record
You can add contact records to your account in a few different ways. As you add contact information, details, and notes, they are all tracked on the contact record's page. You can also add activities related to a person to keep track of tasks and interactions.
To create a new contact record:
- From the main menu, select +New.
- Select the type of record you'd like to create.
- You can create Groups, Individuals, Agents, and Carriers just to name a few.
- Complete the required fields and any other fields you'd like.
- Depending on the record type, you can add an email address, phone numbers, or assign a servicing agent.
- Select Save or Save & Add Another.
- Selecting Save directs you to the record you just created.
Selecting Save & Add Another lets you jump right back into creating another new record.
- You're all set!
- Your record will be created.
Additional ways to Add Records
As you are working in AgencyBloc, you'll find a few other ways you can add contacts. Here are just a few:
- Create a contact record from any Search pages with the New button.
- Create a contact record from an unassociated activity or email.
- Create a contact record while you are adding a Policy.
Update a Record
To update a record, users need Edit permissions for the area and access to the record.
To edit or update information on a contact record, find the record you'd like to update by searching for it. Once you find it, click on the name to view and edit the record. Scroll through and make any changes and then select save.
Once you've saved your change, you'll see your name and a date/time stamp to let you know when the record was last updated.
Deleting a Record
To delete a record, users need delete permissions for the area and access to the record.
If you no longer need a contact in your account, you can delete the contact to remove them. Please note, in order to delete a contact, all open activities must be completed and the contact record cannot be associated with any policies. So, make sure to complete any open activities or remove the associated policy first.
Why can't I delete a contact record?
Good question. In order to delete a record, you'll need to delete permissions for that area. Second, make sure the records doesn't have any open activities or are set as a policyholder on a policy.