You can show that an individual is connected to a group or a carrier. Associate individuals to track group or carrier contacts, employees of a group, or important people at a group or carrier. Learn how to associate individuals in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Associate an Individual
To associate an individual while creating a new record:
- From the main menu, select +New and then individual.
- Enter details and then select associate individual.
- Select record type.
- Choose a new/existing group or a new/existing carrier. Optionally, for groups you can add employee info at this step.
- Select Save or Save & Add Another.
- Selecting Save directs you to the record you just created.
Selecting Save & Add Another lets you jump right back into creating another new record.
- You're set!
- The individual will be created and associated with the group/carrier.
Additional ways to Associate Individuals
As you are working in AgencyBloc, you'll find a few other ways you can associate individuals. Here are just a few:
- Associate an individual to a group by going to the group - individuals tab and then select Add.
- Associate an individual to a carrier by going to the carrier - individuals tab and then select Add.
- Associate individuals when importing data into your account. Contact us for more info.
Edit an Associated Individual
To edit or remove an associated individual:
- Choose an individual.
- Click the green pencil icon.
- Select record type.
- Choose an existing group/carrier or create a new group/carrier.
- Enter new associated with details or select remove.
- Select save and you're all set!
- The individual will be updated with the new info.
View Associated Individuals
When you are viewing an individual, you’ll see the name of the group or carrier the individual is associated with. If the individual is not associated with a group or carrier, you’ll see (no group or carrier) listed next to the individual's name.
As you are viewing a group or carrier record, the individuals tab lists all the associated individuals. From the side menu, you can download a list of these individuals or adjust column settings.
Can I associate an individual to more than one group or carrier?
An individual can be associated with one group or carrier at a time.
Can I set more than one primary contact for a group?
A group can only be set with one primary contact. If you have other important contacts, you can list them in a pinned note.