Activities are actionable to-dos in AgencyBloc. Create activities to track engagement with agents, clients, prospects, and team members, and set follow-up reminders. Activities can’t be altered or deleted, so you can use them as a source of historical data.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating a new activity
There are many ways to create activities in AgencyBloc. In general, you can create new activities by using the +New button located at the top of the application screen, or the ‘Create New’ button when viewing the Activities tab of a Group, Individual, Agent, or Carrier record.
Once created, you can view and append an activity at any time. Viewing an activity will display its notes and details in chronological order based on its activity dates. To append, open the activity and select “Add a comment, file or status…”. Any changes you make will be added to an activity thread with the original activity still intact.
You can also create activities via the following:
- Activities Dashboard. Create new activities from your Activities Dashboard or Personal Dashboard if the Activity List is favorited.
- Automated Workflow. Set up a workflow that automatically creates activities when certain criteria are triggered.
- Email Forwarding. Send emails from any email provider to your unique activity forwarding address to turn them into activities.
- Outlook Email Sync. Download and install our Microsoft Outlook Add-In to turn Outlook emails into activities.
- Lead Forms. Add lead forms to your websites to bring in lead data as activities.
- Five9. Set up this integration to create activities from your phone calls.
Priority & status
Set the priority to show an activity’s importance and level of urgency. You can sort activities by priority to ensure the important activities are taken care of first.
Set the status to show an activity’s state of completion. Until an activity's status is changed to completed, it will be treated as incomplete.
Note: You can add, remove, or update the priority and status field options that you can choose from. Visit the Data & Custom Fields article for more details.
Follow-up user & team
Set a follow-up user or team for assignment. The follow-up user dropdown only lists active users in your account. Agent CRM users need to be assigned to the record in order for you to select them as a follow-up user.
Set dates to track when an activity occurred and schedule a reminder to appear on your dashboard.
- Activity Date - This date is used to record when the activity actually occurred.
- Due Date - This date is used to schedule alerts and reminders for the followup user and/or team. It also affects the view filter on the Dashboard > Activities List.
- Posted Date - This date is a fixed timestamp that shows when the activity was created or last appended. You may find it useful for tracking an activity's change history from an auditing perspective.
When you or your team is assigned an activity, you’ll receive an email notification. The notification has a brief summary of the assigned activity and a direct link to it in the application. These notifications can help you stay up-to-date on your activities at all times.
You can receive an email notification when:
- An activity is assigned to me.
- An activity is assigned to a team I'm on.
- An email sent to my Activity Forwarding Address can't be assigned.
Users receive email notifications for activities by default, but you can update these settings:
- Navigate to the Profile & Settings menu > My Account > Your Info.
- Scroll to the Your Notifications section.
- Check or Uncheck options and then select save.
Your changes will take effect the next time an activity is assigned to you.