Activities are actionable to-dos in AgencyBloc. Create activities to track engagement with agents, clients, prospects, and team members, and set follow-up reminders. Activities can’t be altered or deleted, so you can use them as a source of historical data.
Creating a new activity
There are many ways to create activities in AgencyBloc. In general, you can create new activities by using the +New button located at the top of the application screen, or the ‘Create New’ button when viewing the Activities tab of a Group, Individual, Agent, or Carrier record.
You can also create activities via the following:
- Automated Workflow. Set up a workflow that automatically creates activities when certain criteria are triggered.
- Email Forwarding. Send emails from any email provider to your unique activity forwarding address to turn them into activities.
- Outlook Email Sync. Download and install our Microsoft Outlook Add-In to turn Outlook emails into activities.
- Lead Forms. Add lead forms to your websites to bring in lead data as activities.
- Five9. Set up this integration to create activities from your phone calls.
If you’d like to create an activity for a Policy record, you will need to set it up for the Individual or Group record that owns the policy. There will be an option for you to associate the policy.
Setting priority and status
Set a priority to show an activity’s importance and level of urgency. You can sort activities by priority to ensure the important activities are taken care of first.
Set a status to show an activity’s state of completion. Until an activity's status is changed to completed, it will be treated as open. Open activities need a follow-up user or team assigned.
Note: You can add, remove, or update the priority and status field options that you can choose from. Visit the Data & Custom Fields article for more details.
Working with existing activities
You can view and append or add to an activity at any time. Viewing an existing activity will display its notes and details in chronological order based on its activity dates. To append or add, open the activity and select “Add a comment, file or status…”. Any changes you make will be added to an activity thread with the original activity still intact.
When you or your team is assigned an activity, you’ll receive an email notification. The notification has a brief summary of the assigned activity and a direct link to it in the application. These notifications can help you stay up-to-date on your activities at all times.
You can receive an email notification when:
- An activity is assigned to me.
- An activity is assigned to a team I'm on.
- An email sent to my Activity Forwarding Address can't be assigned.
Users receive email notifications for activities by default, but you can update these settings:
- Navigate to the Profile & Settings menu > My Account > Your Info.
- Scroll to the Your Notifications section.
- Check or Uncheck options and then select save.
- Your changes will take effect the next time an activity is assigned to you.