The content on this page is under development as part of a beta test for a new and upcoming feature. Please note, we currently do not have a definitive release date for this new feature. If you are participating in the beta test and you have questions or feedback, please submit your questions in the beta feedback portal. Thank you.
With the Sales Pipeline, you can track the progress of sales opportunities for leads and clients in your sales process. It also provides insights and greater visibility into your sales process, as well as forecast revenue. If you’re an administrator in AgencyBloc, this article will detail how to create sales pipelines and tailor them to your agency’s sales process.
Required security group permissions
To set up a sales pipeline, you must belong to a security group with the following permissions:
- Administrative > Manage > Security Groups & Teams
- Administrative > Manage > Users
- Sales Pipeline > Administer > Sales Pipeline
If you have the required permissions, you’re ready to:
- Set up a sales team (Required)
- Create a sales pipeline (Required)
- Review security groups (Recommended)
Set up a sales team
A sales team is a regular team that has “Sales Pipeline” functionality turned on. Sales teams are a necessary part of sales pipelines. You need a sales team to assign to a sales pipeline if you want your users to be able to see sales opportunities, and with the appropriate permissions, create them.
Thus, you will want to have a sales team ready to complete the sales pipeline setup. Learn more about setting up a sales team.
Once you have a team set up and ready, you will be ready to create a sales pipeline from start to finish.
Create a sales pipeline
A sales pipeline consists of a series of stages and closed lost reasons. A stage is like a status that tells you where a sales opportunity (opp) is and how it's doing. A closed lost reason is a piece of information that explains why an opp was lost, so you can learn from it and identify areas for improvement in your sales process.
You can create and manage sales pipelines on the Settings > Sales Pipeline page.
- On the Sales Pipeline page, select the “New Pipeline” button.
- On the “Edit Pipeline” page, name your pipeline and select its type and stage options.
- Please note, the stage options are not required but can be used to gain more insights into your sales process.
- Win Probability: Displays visual queues on the Sales Pipelines Board that help you forecast the likelihood of winning an opp in each pipeline stage.
- Stage Aging: Displays visual queues on the opportunity record and the Sales Pipelines Board that tell you when an opp is going stale.
- Select the sales team.
- Remember that team you set up earlier? Now is the time to use it. Select the team to give users on the team access to the pipeline.
- Set up the pipeline stages.
- For the best setup, we recommend aligning your pipeline stages with your agency’s sales process. Please note, you need at least 3 stages—1 open and 2 closed.
- Set up closed lost reasons.
- You can add as many as you want, but you need at least one.
- You’ve successfully created a pipeline! When you’re ready for others to see and use it, change its status from “Draft” to “Active” and save again.
Every new pipeline has default stages and closed lost reasons. You can customize them however you want or replace them with your own.
Assign sales teams to the pipeline
Teams that have sales pipeline functionality turned on will be available for you to select and assign to a sales pipeline. You can assign as many teams as you want to a pipeline.
Users on the sales teams will be able to create and manage opportunities in active pipelines.
Review security groups
A sales pipeline pulls and presents data from many places in AgencyBloc. To do their work in a pipeline, your users need permissions to access those places and data. You can manage these permissions via security groups.
For the best setup, you will want to identify the roles in your sales process and build a security group for each one. This way, your users have access to only the data and places that correspond with their role and work. Check out these permissions for pipelines.