The content on this page is under development as part of a beta test for a new and upcoming feature. Please note, we currently do not have a definitive release date for this new feature. If you are participating in the beta test and you have questions or feedback, please submit your questions in the beta feedback portal. Thank you.
An opportunity (also known as a “deal”) is a type of record that captures sales information for leads and clients. This may include a money value and any products or services that you want to sell. You would work the opportunity through the various stages of a sales pipeline until it is closed. If closed and won, it can be associated with policies.
Also, you can search for opportunities in the list and board views. Each view has unique options for filtering opportunities.
IN THIS ARTICLE
To create and update opportunities, you need to be on a team that has access to a sales pipeline, and you must belong to a security group with:
- Access to opportunities AND
- Opportunity > Visible permission
- Opportunity > Edit permission
- Access to groups or individuals AND
- Group > Visible & Edit permissions
- Individual > Visible & Edit permissions
To get started
- In the opportunity list or board view, select the “New” button.
- You can create opportunities from the +New menu, as well as the right-hand summary of a group or individual.
- Select the opp owner.
- You can create opportunities for individuals and groups.
- Fill in the opportunity info.
- If the Pipeline dropdown list is empty, check with your sales manager or an administrator at your agency and make sure you’re on a sales team. For more on sales teams, see this article.
- Add an opportunity product (optional).
- Add to track products and services you’re selling to the lead/client. For more on opportunity products, see this article.
- Once the opportunity has been created, you can update its stage in the list and board.t
Data tracked on an opportunity
- Opp Owner - A lead or client that you’re selling products/services to. The opp owner is always a group or individual record.
- Opp Contact - An advocate/main contact for the opp owner, such as the spouse or POA. The opp contact is always an individual record.
- Current Business With - A competitor agency that already has business with the lead.
- Start Date - The date the opportunity was actually started. This date can be different from the opportunity’s create date.
- Value - The money value of the opportunity.
- Confidence Rating - Your confidence level for winning the opportunity.
- Expected Close Date - When you expect to close the opportunity.
- Closed Date - When the opportunity was actually closed.
- Closed Lost Reason - The reason why the opportunity was lost.
- Primary Producer & Additional Producers - The person(s) assigned to the opportunity. A primary producer/additional producer is always an agent record.
Timeline of events
The timeline is a comprehensive history of changes that have been made to the opportunity or data or records that are associated with the opportunity. Every change is displayed as an event. Each event includes the date, time, and user that made the change.
For a quick pulse-check on its progress, check the opportunity header. By default, the header always shows a segmented bar. The bar represents a sales pipeline, and the segments represent its stages. Each segment fills in with color as the opportunity moves from stage to stage.
To the left of the bar is a dropdown menu displaying the opportunity’s current stage. You can update its stage and pipeline from this menu. Please note, this menu won’t be available if the opportunity is closed won or closed lost.
Also, the header will show how much time has elapsed for the current stage if the pipeline has Stage Aging turned on. If provided, the Expected Close Date will display in the header as well.
Moving an opportunity through a pipeline
You can update an opportunity’s stage/pipeline in its header or in the Opportunities list view. In the Opportunities board view, you can drag and drop an opportunity from one stage to another.
When updating an opp’s pipeline/stage, you can:
- Move between stages and/or pipelines - You’ll typically move open opportunities from one stage to another until they’re closed won or lost. If an opportunity is put into the wrong pipeline by accident, you can move it to the correct one. Please note, you must have access to both pipelines to make this change.
- Move to closed won - When closing an opportunity, you can associate it with a new or existing policy or convert it to a new policy.
- Move to closed lost - When closing the opportunity, you can document what happened in the closed lost reason. This will give you more information to review later and improve your business processes.
Associating an opportunity with policies
Thank you for visiting! This section is currently under construction.