Assign Type Categories to tell AgencyBloc what to show in lead management features, like the Leads List and Sales Dashboard.
There's a lot of data to track on Group and Individual records. One important field you should take note of is the Type. You can use the Type field to describe the Group/Individual and categorize it as a lead or client.
This allows AgencyBloc to show you more insights into your lead data via features like the Leads List, Sales Dashboard, and Quick Search. Please note, you may need to do a little setup for this all to work. Learn how in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Categorizing Group & Individual Types
In AgencyBloc, Group and Individual records serve many purposes. Primarily, they represent and store data on clients and leads in your book of business.
But how do you separate your leads from clients? AgencyBloc can help if you use the Type field on Groups and Individuals and Type Categories.
If the Type values are assigned to categories, AgencyBloc will know how to separate your leads from clients in features like the Leads List and show you lead-specific data on the Dashboard.
Here’s how you assign Type values to categories:
- Go to Settings > Data & Custom Fields.
- Under Field Options, choose Group Type or Individual Type.
- If your agency does both Group and Individual business, you'll want to follow these steps for both.
- In the list of Field Options, you'll notice a "Category" dropdown list. Select an appropriate category (Client, Lead, or Other) for each field option.
- Choose an appropriate category for each field option based on how you classify leads and clients at your agency. For example, many agencies use the word “prospect” to refer to some kind of lead.
Once your Types are assigned to categories, you can use the Type field to more broadly classify a Group or Individual as a lead or client.
Note: If you’ve been using the Type field for a while but not Type Categories, this process will update all of your Groups/Individuals retroactively.
How AgencyBloc uses Type Categories
Here are some features you may be missing out on if you aren’t using Type Categories:
- Leads List - Work all your Group and Individual leads in one centralized location. Take advantage of advanced filters to find unassigned leads, leads that need follow-up, and more. You can also send emails if you have an email handler for your web browser.
- Quick Search - Quickly separate your leads from clients with a simple dropdown filter.
- Sales Dashboard - Get a high-level view of lead productivity in your sales process. Follow the progress of Group and Individual leads and gain insights into the quality of your lead sources.