PlanCompare is an online enrollment system for agents to match and enroll their Medicare customers. PlanCompare provides drug pricing and personalized Medicare plan options (e.g., Medicare Advantage, MAPD, PDP, and Medicare Supplement). Visit PlanCompare’s website for more information.
Please note, there are two versions of this integration—both a broker and a call center site. Both are virtually the same except the call center site may include a call script.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Activate the Integration
- Go to Settings > Integrations.
- Select PlanCompare (Broker Center) or PlanCompare (Call Center).
- You can follow these same setup instructions for both.
- Select the “Add to AgencyBloc” button.
- Fill in your PlanCompare account information.
- You can get this account information from your client services representative at PlanCompare.
- Customize your menu label.
- This changes the labeling for menu options on the Individual Details tab. Make sure it’s easy for your AgencyBloc users to recognize. See this section for more details.
- If valid PlanCompare account information was provided, the integration will activate.
- Give users access to the integration.
- Decide who you want to use this integration. Then add their PlanCompare username. See this section for more details.
Customize menu labeling
Once the integration has been activated, AgencyBloc users with access to this integration will see a new dropdown menu on individual records.
This will allow your users to send the individual’s information to the PlanCompare Broker or Call Center site for quoting. See this section for more details. You can customize labeling for the menu options in Settings > Integrations > PlanCompare.
Grant users access
Once your PlanCompare account information has been entered and saved, you will see a list of all your AgencyBloc users. Choose which users you want to use this integration by adding their PlanCompare username. You can find these usernames in your BL File in PlanCompare.
Please note, it’s ok if an AgencyBloc user and PlanCompare username don’t match exactly. Just make sure the PlanCompare username is valid and that you’re adding it to the right AgencyBloc user.
You can enter the PlanCompare usernames per user or update en masse via file upload.
To deauthorize an AgencyBloc user from this integration, simply remove their PlanCompare username and update.
Start shopping with PlanCompare
From the Individual Detail page, select the “Send” button and choose the PlanCompare Broker or Call Center site to send its information over for quoting.
Here’s what we send to PlanCompare:
|AgencyBloc Field||PlanCompare Field|
|Zip Code||ZIP Code|
|First Name||First Name|
|Last NAme||Last Name|
|DOB||Date of Birth|
|Home Phone*||Phone number|
|Address Line 1**||Address 1|
|Address Line 2**||Address 2|
**If more than one address is found, we’ll use the primary address.
One of my users is having trouble sending over individuals for quoting in PlanCompare. What’s wrong?
There could be a few reasons behind this. Check and make sure:
- Each AgencyBloc user has a valid PlanCompare Username.
- You’re using a valid PlanCompare URL, Client ID, API Key, and Secret Key.
- Your PlanCompare URL is correct & up-to-date (PlanCompare changes it each year).
I tried to send an individual’s profile information over to PlanCompare but the page won’t finish loading. What’s happening?
- Your PlanCompare Username could be invalid.
- The PlanCompare URL could be invalid or outdated.
- The Client ID could be invalid.
I just created a new username to PlanCompare, but it won't work when I try to add it to an AgencyBloc user. What's wrong?
If you create a new username in PlanCompare, it may take a day before it will work in AgencyBloc.