The content on this page is under development as part of a beta test for a new and upcoming feature. Please note, we currently do not have a definitive release date for this new feature. If you are participating in the beta test and you have questions or feedback, please submit your questions in the beta feedback portal. Thank you.
Associating a closed-won sales opportunity (opp) with a policy allows you to attach all of its historical data for enrollment, election, coverage, and cross-selling purposes. This gives you easy access to all proposed products and services so you can finish setting up policies.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Associating a closed-won opp
Before you can associate a sales opportunity (opp) with a policy, you must belong to a security group with the following settings:
- Access to Opps and “Visible” Opp Permissions
- Access to Policies and “Visible” and “Edit” Policy Permissions
Also, you can associate only closed-won opps with policies. A closed-won opp is an opp that progressed through a Sales Pipeline until it finally reached the Closed Won stage.
To associate an opp with a policy:
- Find and open a closed-won opp.
- Go to the Policies tab.
- Select the “Add” button.
- Search for a policyholder.
- We automatically fill in the policyholder field with the opp buyer by default, but you can search for any group or individual that you want.
- Choose one of the policyholder’s existing policies to associate the opp with or create a new policy.
You should now see the associated policy on the opp’s Policies tab. You can also access the associated policy to view all of its associated opps. Please note, you will only see opps that you have access to.
Editing an associated opp
To change or remove an opp’s association with any policy, select the green pencil icon and choose an existing policy (or create new) to associate it with.
Viewing associated policies
You can view associated policies on an opp’s Policies tab.
Conversely, you can view a policy’s opps on its Opps tab.