If you’re using a phone system or VoIP (Voice Over IP) app that can record calls, you could upload and attach the recordings to records in AgencyBloc. With everything in one place, you can quickly reference past conversations with clients, leads, and other important contacts. You may find this especially useful if you sell Medicare policies and need to store calls for the CMS requirements.
Please note that your phone system or VoIP app is responsible for recording your calls. This article will detail how you can upload and store the recordings in AgencyBloc.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Where to store call recordings in AgencyBloc
You can upload and attach call recording files to Activities (recommended) or Notes/Attachments. We recommend attaching recordings to Activities. Activities can't be deleted, but Notes/Attachments can. With Activities, you can keep a true history of your client interactions.
Also, keep in mind that both have file size and file type limitations for attachments. See below.
- File size: The file size limit for Activities and Notes/Attachments is 60 MB. Please note that the file type and bit rate will affect a file’s file size. In general, a 60 MB MP3 file is roughly equal to a 60-minute-long recording.
- File types: The accepted file types for audio files are .mp3, .mp4, and .wav.
How to store call recordings
To manually upload call recordings to AgencyBloc:
- Go to the record of the contact you had a call with.
- Go to the Activities tab.
- Create an Activity and add notes about the conversation.
- These will help you remember what the conversation was about without having to open and listen to the recording.
- Upload the call recording file and save.
- You will be prompted to search for the file you want to upload and select it. Also, see the Attachment limitations section for the accepted file size and file types.
If you're using Screen Pop:
- Screen Pop starts search for caller in AgencyBloc.
- Select the record from the search results.
- Navigate to the Activity or Notes tab and start taking notes.
- When the call recording is complete, download the call recording and attach it to the Activity.
Manually uploading the recording after every call is tedious work. If you can connect your VoIP app to AgencyBloc, you could automate this process. Please note that your VoIP app must support integrations or API with CRMs (AgencyBloc in this case) for it to work.
AgencyBloc has partnered integrations with the Intulse and Five9 platforms. If you’re using one of these VoIP apps, you can set up an integration with minimal effort.
- Intulse - Supports automatic and manual call logging, text logging, and screen pop.
- Five9 - Generally seen as an enterprise-level solution. Supports automatic and manual call logging and screen pop. Customizable by the Five9 team.
If you’re using a different VoIP app, you could build a custom integration that connects it to AgencyBloc using Zapier or full API.
- Zapier - A third-party automation platform that you can use to connect AgencyBloc to various third-party apps without a developer. With the Zapier integration, you can configure a Zap to automatically locate the caller's profile in AgencyBloc and create an Activity with the recording file attached.
- Note: Your VoIP app must be listed in Zapier's app directory and it must have a trigger event for call recording. Not every VoIP app has an app in Zapier with call recording functionality.
- API - Requires a developer and custom-built processing but you can build out the integration to your specific needs.
There are many VoIP apps out there. Each one works differently and may not have an integration with Zapier. If you’re using RingCentral, contact email@example.com for assistance.