Looking for a quick, simple way to export your data? Standard Reports has preconfigured reports that you can use to quickly and easily get data. Learn more about Standard Reports in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Basics of Standard Reports
There are two types of Standard Reports:
- Contacts & Records
Contacts & Records
Organized by Record Type, each one has preconfigured report(s).
|Record type||Report details|
|Groups||Group, Group Notes|
|Individuals||Individual, Individual Notes, Individual Relationships|
|Policies||Policies, Policy Coverages, Cross Sell, Annualized Premium & Application Submissions|
|Agents||Agents, Agent/Agency, Agent Contracts, Agents Licenses Report|
You can enter keywords into the search bar and find all reports associated to the report type, even if the report type isn’t in the report title or description. For example, you can search the word policy and see all Policy-related reports.
If you have the Commission Processing module, you can run preconfigured commission reports to find missed commissions, project commissions, download agent statements, and more.
Learn more about commission reports and statements.
Set report criteria
Each Standard Report uses a limited set of report criteria designed for commonly needed data. Standard Reports include all columns and all data available in the report. For greater customization of criteria and columns, please see Custom Reporting.
How to get started
- Select report criteria to filter the data.
- Select ‘Run CSV Report’. Your report will download immediately.
- Review your data.
- Update or refine your report criteria as necessary. To start over, select the 'Reset' button.
Examples of report criteria include:
|Dates||Use to include records that meet the specified date range. For certain date fields, you can select a particular month.|
|Address||Use to includes records that meet the specified address information, such as state, zip code, radius, county, and area code. Records that appear are based on the Primary Address.|
|Email & Phone||Use to include records that meet the specified email address and phone number.|
|Custom Fields||Use to add custom fields as columns to the report. There are no criteria to set as filters for custom fields. For customization of criteria, please see Custom Reporting.|
Security group permissions influence the Standard Reports that you can access and use. Permissions also affect the report data you can view. Security settings are managed by your account administrator.
- Assigned only: Affects the actual data that appears in your reports. You can access and use the reports but you will only see data that’s assigned to you. For example, if your security group has ‘assigned only’ permissions for Policy, your report output would only show data for policies assigned to you.
- Visible: Affects the report types you can access and view. You will only see the report types that you have permissions to access on the Standard Reports page. For example, if your security group doesn’t have ‘visible’ permissions for Policy, you won’t see any policy or policy-related report types on the Standard Reports page.
- SSN, Medicare ID, MBI, DOB: Affects your ability to include SSN, Medicare ID, MBI, and DOB in certain reports. For example, if your security group has SSN, Medicare ID, and MBI permissions, you can select an ‘Include SSN, Medicare ID, and MBI’ box to add that data to your report. If your security group has DOB permissions, you can view the full DOB. Without permissions, the DOB will be masked.
Do I need to fill out every field?
No. Any field left empty or not selected will not be used to filter report criteria. All data will be included unless you make a selection.
How do I run a birthday report for people turning 65 this month?
Determine the birth year and month for the individuals turning 65. Then, run the Individual report with a date range set within two dates (beginning date and end date). You won’t be able to run the report by the person’s age.
If you want to save the report and re-use it, add additional criteria, or set dynamic dates, please use Custom Reporting.
Why can’t I view certain reports?
Everyone is assigned to a security group. Security groups determine the types of data that you have permission to view.