Reporting and data analysis are crucial to understanding the health of your organization. Build custom, industry-specific reports in AMS+ that bring together the data you need to analyze. You don’t need to slice and dice or comb through countless pages. Generate useful and insightful reports for sales, servicing, renewals, cross-sells, and more.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to build a Custom Sales Report
Used to mark major sections throughout the article.
Step 1: Select Data
In this step, you will select the data you want to include or exclude in the report output.
- Go to Reports > Sales and select the ‘New Custom’ button. In the action menu, select the ‘Sales Report…’ option.
- Name the report and choose which Record Types you want to include in it.
- If you want to be able to display this report on your dashboard, check the 'Available for Agents to Run Report for assigned Records?' checkbox.
- Agents will only be able to see their own assigned Sales Records in the report.
- Define the criteria that you want to use to filter the report results.
- More criteria will typically net you fewer results in the report output whereas fewer or no criteria will pull in more records.
- When ready, select the 'NEXT' button to proceed to Step 2: Group Data.
Step 2: Group Data
After choosing the data you want in your report in the first step, the next step is to organize it. This involves grouping the selected data and deciding which columns to display in your report.
- In the Edit Report Columns section, select and sort what you want to be displayed in the report.
- You can drag and drop the rearrange the column order and remove columns by selecting the trashcan icon. You can also add additional fields as report columns.
- In the Groupings section, set the report to sort on any field that is included in the report.
- When ready, select the 'SUBMIT' button.
- You can now run the report whenever you want, download the CSV file, email the CSV file, schedule the report to run at a certain time, and more.
How to run a Custom Sales Report
Once you’ve built a Custom Sales Report, go to the Saved Custom > Sales page, find a report and select the 'WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?' button.
A menu of actions will appear. Here’s what you can do:
- Run report: AMS+ will generate a list of all Sales Records in your account that match the report criteria. If your report returns results, you can select and bulk update Sales Records. Please note that any updates you make could trigger Automated Workflows.
- Manage goal
- Download CSV file: Exports a CSV file to your computer.
- Download all data: Exports a CSV file with additional metadata for the records found.
- Email CSV file: Sends the CSV file to a specified email account.
- Email all data: Sends the CSV file with the additional metadata to a specified email account.
- Schedule report: Tells the report when to run again. This action is useful if you’re displaying the report on your dashboard and want it to refresh automatically.
- Generate labels: Generates mailing labels for printing. Pulls the record's name and full address.
- Download files: Downloads all files attached to the records in your report.
- Edit report settings: Allows you to edit the report's criteria.
- Copy report
- Delete report
How to add a Custom Sales Report to the Sales Dashboard
You can display up to six Custom Sales Reports to the Sales Dashboard.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Sales > Dashboard Settings page.
- In the Dashboard Reports section, select which reports you want to show on your dashboard, and set the display format for each report.
- Your display format options are Report (list format), Bar Chart, Pie Chart, Goal Chart, and Card.
- When finished, select the ‘SUBMIT’ button to save your changes.
Now you'll see the report on your dashboard.