Learn how to provide your Excel based carrier commission statements for mapping. Only one copy from each carrier is needed to build a map. You can follow the same basic steps for for setting up new maps as well as any requesting an update to modify existing maps as needed in the future.
IN THIS ARTICLE
5/4/2018 - We made some design changes to the Commission page layout, but the content and processes in these videos are still accurate. See release notes for more details.
Submitting Import Maps (3:18)
Modifying Import Maps (2:42)
- Navigate to the Commissions Area
- Indicate if the statement has been mapped.
- If it's an existing map, please indicate which one we need to look at.
- Choose and upload a file then select the Carrier name.
- The list of carriers comes from your Carriers section. If the carrier you need is not listed, first add it to your carriers section. If this statement is not from one specific carrier, leave the field blank and check the box that says This file contains multiple carriers.
- Indicate which columns (A,B,C,D, etc.) contain which piece information.
Populate each field you need mapped. Policy Number and Carrier Commission are required to create a map.
Rate Type: If you indicate % of Premium, tell us which column that rate is in using the Rate field. If you indicate Flat Amount, tell us which column that amount is in using the Amount field. If you indicate Per Life, tell us which column the number of lives in is using the Number of Lives column.
Notes: Use this section to leave any notes about the statement that you think the developer working on the mapping needs to know. When a developer fulfills the request, an email will be sent to the email address of the user that submitted the request.
You can check the status of your map requests:
- Go to the Commission area.
- Select Import Carrier Data.
- Select View Import Map Requests.