Learn how to provide your Excel-based carrier commission statements for mapping. Only one copy from each carrier is needed to build a map. You can follow the same basic steps to set up new maps and request updates to modify existing maps as needed.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Submitting Import Maps (4:46)
Modifying Import Maps (3:17)
- Navigate to the Commissions > Settings page.
Select Import Carrier Data, then select Submit New Import Map or Modify Existing Import Map
- Indicate if the statement has been mapped.
- If it's an existing map, please indicate which one we need to look at.
- Choose and upload a file then select the Carrier name.
- The list of carriers comes from your Carriers section. If the carrier you need is not listed, first add it to your carriers section. If this statement is not from one specific carrier, leave the field blank and check the box that says This file contains multiple carriers.
- Indicate which columns (A,B,C,D, etc.) contain which pieces of information.
Populate each field you need mapped. Policy Number and Carrier Commission are required to create a map.
Rate Type: If you indicate % of Premium, tell us which column that rate is in using the Rate field. If you indicate Flat Amount, tell us which column that amount is in using the Amount field. If you indicate Per Life, tell us which column the number of lives is in using the Number of Lives column.
Notes: Use this section to leave any notes about the statement that you think the developer working on the mapping needs to know. When a developer fulfills the request, an email will be sent to the email address of the user that submitted the request.
You can check the status of your map requests:
- Go to the Commission > Settings page.
- Select Import Maps.
- Select Map Requests.