Payee schedules can help you save time and extra steps with commission processing by simplifying payee setup. If your agency splits commissions with an agent or agents the same way for all or a majority of the policies written, payee schedules may work for your agency. If your agency has complex payout scenarios, you may consider setting payees uniquely for each policy.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Video guide (5:10)
5/30/2019 - We made some minor design changes to the Commission Settings page layout, but the content and processes in this video are still accurate. See release notes for more details.
Creating a payee schedule
You can create and manage payee schedules from the Commission > Commission Settings > Payee Schedules page.
To create a new payee schedule
- Select Actions > Create New.
- Name the payee schedule and add a description.
- You may name a payee schedule whatever you want, but make sure it’s easy to choose from a dropdown list. Since each payee schedule is agent-specific, a common naming convention uses the “writing” agent's name.
- Make sure the payee schedule is set to “Active”.
- Only active payee schedules appear in dropdown lists. You may choose to inactivate the payee schedule if you’re still setting it up or you don’t want others to use it right away or you want to stop its use.
To edit the payees
Below are the basic steps to add payees to a payee schedule. If your agency has unique or complex payout scenarios, please contact the Client Success Team for assistance.
- Locate the payee schedule you want to edit and select the “Edit Payees” button.
- Select the “Create New” button.
- Choose the agent and the rate table and save.
- - The agent must have an agent record in AgencyBloc.
- If you already have predefined rate tables, you can choose one from the dropdown list. If not, this article explains how to create them. You can also set up a manual rate table.
- Repeat step 3 to add as many payees as you need.
Once you finish adding your payees, you can start applying the payee schedule to policies. Visit this article to learn how to set payees on policies.