Carriers are a record type for storing and tracking basic carrier and product information, forms, and web credentials. You need carrier records to create and track policies, and process commissions in AgencyBloc. Learn more about carrier records in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Carriers are commonly created using the +New button found at the top of any page, and the ‘New Carrier’ button from the Carriers page.
A carrier can’t be deleted when it is associated to:
- Policies. We recommend reviewing the associated policies to determine whether the carrier can be deleted.
- Commission records. We recommend reviewing the associated commission records to determine whether the carrier can be deleted.
- Agent contracts. We recommend reviewing the associated agent contracts to determine whether the carrier can be deleted.
- Incomplete activities.
Data tracked by carriers
- Carrier Detail - Store name and contact information specific to the carrier. Create custom fields to track data unique to your agency and customize the options in dropdown menus.
- Individuals - Add/associate individuals to indicate their connection to the carrier. Individuals are typically associated to carriers to track carrier contacts.
- Activities - A list of assigned to-dos and reminders that are related to the carrier or its associated individuals. On this tab, you can create activities to assign actionable to-dos to agents and others at your agency. Activities also serve as a source of historical data because they cannot be altered or deleted.
- Forms - Upload and store forms that are commonly used by carriers to track the form name, year, and coverage type.
- Websites - Save the carrier portals, create clickable URL links, and store username/password for quick reference and website access.
- Notes & Attachments - This tab shows notes or attachments associated to the group. When you create a note, you’ll see a “Pin Note” option. Pinned notes appear in the carrier summary. Pin notes to track important information.
- Carrier Summary - Shows the carrier’s contact information, websites, in force policies, open activities, and pinned notes.
Uses in other features
- Individuals - associate individuals to track carrier contacts.
- Agents - specify the carrier on an agent’s contract.
- Policies - all policies must be associated to a carrier. This is key for running reports and processing commissions.
- Reports - run reports to download comprehensive data on your carriers.