Create carrier products in AgencyBloc to track and archive important product details and documents for carriers. Associate carrier products to policies so this information is readily available for client services and open enrollment. Learn more about carrier products in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating a product
- Go to the Carrier record > Products page and click the ‘Create New’ button.
- You can also create new carrier products when setting up policy coverages.
- Set product effective and term dates (recommended).
- You can control whether certain products show up in active product lists throughout the application by settings these dates, notably on policy coverages. Learn more.
- Fill out product details and attach product documents - benefit summary, plan grid, brochure (optional).
- After creating a carrier product, you can associate it to policy coverages and policy enrollments.
Deleting a product
Before deleting a product, you may consider using the product term date. When a product reaches its term date, it will be hidden from active product lists and archived in AgencyBloc for historical purposes. You can view archived products on the Carrier > Products tab by selecting the “All Products” filter in the dropdown menu.
If you still need to delete a product, make sure it’s removed from all policy coverages.
Using product dates
When creating or editing a product, you may notice fields for product effective and term dates. You can use these dates to help your agency stay organized and “hide” products from previous years, so they don’t show up in active product lists.
You may find it helpful to set the:
- Product effective date if you want certain products to show up in active product lists at a later date.
- Product term date if you want to hide products from previous years in your active product lists.
When adding products to policy coverages, these dates organize the product list into three categories: active, future, and termed. Use these categories to identify the right product to associate to a coverage.
Using coverage template
The coverage template is a small set of fields commonly used to capture coverage information for policies. This field set is based on the product’s coverage type.
If you add coverage information to the template, you can pre-populate that information into new policy coverages.
Note: A carrier product and policy coverage do not need to have the exact same fields to pre-populate coverage information. As long as they share at least one field (i.e. deductible or copay), data can be pre-populated.
Change the field set
The coverage template's field set is dependent on the carrier product's coverage type. You can edit the coverage type and its associated field set in Profile & Settings > Data & Custom Fields > Coverage Type. Visit the Managing Coverage Types & Field Sets article for more details.
The coverage template is available for all field sets except the following:
- AB Default
- Long Term Care
Run the "Policy Coverages" report to get a list of all policy coverages in your account that have associated products.
Run the "Carrier Products" report for lists of each carrier’s products and the number of policies that are associated with each product.
You can also create custom reports that include product data, using the "Carriers and Policies" report types and related options.