What is a Field Set?
Field Sets are a combination of data fields designed to capture relevant coverage information for particular policy types in the life and health insurance industry. The 12 field sets are tailored to contain industry standard details. For instance, the specific coverages HMO, EPO, PPO, and medical are all under the general field set, or category, of Health.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Benefits of Using Coverage Field Sets
Field sets allow you to track and manage detailed policy information based on Coverage Type. Field sets connect with the Coverage Type in the system to display specific coverage data fields. As an Example, an individual PDP policy will now include fields to track Rx Tiers.
Where will I find these data fields?
The data fields will populate the policy Coverage tab.
Assigning policies to a Field Set
Field Sets are assigned to a Coverage Type. The selected Coverage Type on a policy then displays the appropriate Field Set for that policy. Example: the Field Set of Drug is assigned to the Coverage Type of PDP through Data Administration. Policies with a PDP Coverage Type are then associated with the Field Set of Drug. There is no customization of the Policy Coverages screen. Additional data will still have to be added on the Policy Detail page as a Custom Field.
Coverage Types and Field Sets
Select a Coverage Type on the Policy Detail page - this will bring in Life Field Set tied to Term Life into the Coverages tab.The association will create Life specific data fields for any Term Life Policy underneath the Coverage tab.
Available Field Sets
View Field Sets and the data fields assigned below.
|AB Default||Long Term Care|
|Dental||Senior Health / RX|
The policy detail tab is still the first thing that you see when you view a policy. The policy detail tab reflects differences between a group policy and an individual policy.
- Individual Policies: includes fields for - Pay Method.
- Group Policies: include fields for - New Hire Eligibility and Eligibility Hours.
Fields on Policy Detail vs. Coverage?
Fields are included in both places to ensure the preference of each agency as to where they want to store information.
Next to the Policy Detail tab is the Coverage tab - this page is comprised of the data fields assigned by the field set.
Finding which Field Set is on a Coverage
The field set in use will be stated just beneath the policy tabs on the Coverages page.
Changing a Field Set on a Coverage
Field sets can be changed on a per policy basis.
- Select the “Change the field set for this coverage” beneath the coverage data.
- Review warning to prevent data loss and select the appropriate field set. Be sure to save any changes and make sure that there are the necessary data fields to transfer the current data to. Any unsaved data or data that does not have a data field to move to will be lost.
- Select “Preview Change” OR click the red 'x' on the right to cancel.
- Review the new data fields and make sure no data was lost.
- At the bottom select “Save” to keep the changes or "Cancel" to continue using previous field set
How do I add multiple coverages?
Select the ‘Add New Coverage’ option near the top, right hand of the screen. Adding a new coverage will create a new coverage and on a new page in “edit mode”. Once you click Save, both coverages will display. Creating multiple coverages brings in a new drop down to view Active or All Coverages.
- Add your New Coverage
- Selecting which Coverages to view
Editing Policy Coverages
A policy that contains only one policy coverage will automatically be in edit mode. Clicking on any field will allow you to edit or update the contents of that field. Save changes by selecting Save at bottom of the screen.
Edits to multiple coverages must be in edit mode. Each coverage has an Edit Coverage option along thetop of the coverage, to the right of the field set type.Selecting Save will save changes and leave edit mode.
Add or Link Carrier Products
The green pencil icon can be used create or link to Carrier Products in the system. After selecting the Save at the bottom of the page the Product will link to the Product Detail page. The Product detail page is where attachments can be added. These attachments can be viewed from the Coverage page.
Add or Link to Individuals
Beneficiary fields can be text, but also provide the green pencil option to add new or existing individuals. Selecting Save will link the new or existing individual to the policy.
Terms & Definitions
- Carrier Product: are the specific insurance plans offered through each carrier.
- Coverage page: Comprised of the data fields assigned by the Field Set.
- Coverage(s): refers to the specific type and details of a policy.
- Coverage Type: is the drop down selection in Policy Detail that defines a policy.
- Data Administration: AgencyBloc page located in Settings for customizing drop-downs, assigning field sets, and creating/editing Custom Fields.
- Data Fields: are the industry specific information brought into the Coverage page by a Field Set specific to Coverage Type.
- Field Set: A combination of data fields designed to capture relevant coverage information for particular policy types.
- Policy Detail: page stores data on each policy. It is where the Coverage Type is set for the policy.
- Products Detail: page contains specific information for Carrier Products including descriptions and attachments.