In this article, learn how to track policy election data for your individual business. With policy elections, you can view policyholder information and dependents covered under an election in one location.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What you need to add an election
To add elections, you need an individual record and a policy record. The individual needs to be associated to the policy. Once associated, you can add election data to the individual policy, such as member ID, and specify who is covered under the election.
If you’re using individual relationships, you can specify who is covered under the election. This can help you track dependents, such as spouse and children.
How to add an election
- Go to an individual policy.
- Only individual policies have an “Election” section on the Policy Detail page.
- Add election details and notes.
- If you want to change the field options that you can choose from in the “Election” dropdown menu, go to Profile > Settings > Data & Custom Fields > Election (Policy).
- Specify who is covered by the election.
- The individual policyholder appears in this box by default. If the policyholder has relationships with other individuals, those individuals will appear in this box as well.
- Save changes.
How to delete election data
Go to the individual policy, remove all of the data in the Election section, and save the changes.
Where to view election data
If you want to view election data on individual records, go to Profile > Settings > Column Settings > Individual - Policies and update your columns settings. Once added, you can see who is covered under the election by hovering over data in the “Election” column (see image below).
Can I import enrollment and election data for my group business?
Yes, the Client Success Team can assist you with importing enrollments and elections. Please note, there are a few important considerations to importing enrollment and election data.
I want to upload relationships and basic individuals. How do I do this?
Please contact our Client Success Team to help you import this data.
Can I track enrollments for my group business?
Yes, visit the Adding Policy Enrollments article to learn how.
Can Agent CRMs see election information?
Yes, depending on the permissions your agency has set up for them in security groups.