In this article, learn how to track policy enrollment and election data for your group business. View enrollments at the policy, group, or individual level for different perspectives on the data.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What you need to add an enrollment
To add enrollments, you need a group record, at least one individual record, and a policy record. The individual needs to be associated to the group, and the group needs to be associated to the policy (see image below). Once associated, you can add enrollments to the group policy for the group’s individual.
Track additional information with enrollments (optional)
- If you’re using group employee information, you can track an enrollee’s hire date. This can help you differentiate between enrollees with similar names.
- If you’re using individual relationships, you can specify who is covered under the enrollment. This can help you track dependents, such as spouse and children.
- If you’re using policy coverages and carrier products, you can specify a policy coverage for the enrollment. This can help you track which carrier product is associated to the enrollee and its coverage effective date.
If you have this information, but you’re not using it in AgencyBloc, contact the Client Success Team. They can help import this information so you can track it with enrollments.
How to add an enrollment
- Go to a group policy.
- You can only add enrollments to group policies because only group policies show enrollment data.
- Open the Enrollments tab.
- Select the 'Add' button.
- A window will open where you can enter enrollment data.
- Specify an individual and the enrollment status.
- You can only add enrollments for individuals who are associated to the group. The enrollee’s name and hire date (if available) will populate in this field.
- Add policy coverage, election data, and enrollment dates (optional).
- Select a policy coverage to associate to the enrollee. If there is a carrier product and coverage effective date associated to the policy coverage, that information will appear in this dropdown menu.
- Specify who is covered under the policy enrollment. The persons that appear in this box include the enrollee and individuals that have a relationship with the enrollee.
How to delete enrollment data
Go to the Enrollments tab of the group policy. Select the enrollment you want to delete and click the remove button.
How to import enrollment data
There are a few important considerations to importing enrollment and election data.
You must have the following records already in your account (see the What you need to add an enrollment section for more details):
- Group records
- Individual records
- Policy records
If you want to import additional information, such as dependents, you will need to have the following data in your account (see the What you need to add an enrollment section for more details):
- Individual relationships
- Group employee information
- Policy coverages and carrier products
Contact the Client Success Team for assistance with importing enrollments and elections.
Where to view enrollment data
After adding an enrollment, you can view its data in multiple locations throughout the application. Each location offers different perspectives into your enrollment data.
Group policy > Enrollments
Viewing from the policy record shows all enrollees (individuals) that have enrollments with the policy. Filter enrollments by enrollment status, enrollee (individual), and etc.
Tip: Unless you delete the enrollee (individual record) or the enrollment itself, enrollment data will stay with the policy record. With this in mind, you can use policies as a source of historical data for enrollments.
Group > Policies > Policy Enrollments
Viewing from the group record shows enrollments for all policies held by the group. Filter the data by policy, enrollee (individual), etc. You can use this view to quickly tell which of the group’s policies have the most enrollments.
Individual > Policies > Group Policy Enrollments
Viewing from the individual record shows all of the enrollee’s policy enrollments, historically. Enrollments stay with the individual and policy until the enrollment or individual is deleted. Filter the data by enrollment status, policy, group policyholder, and etc.
How to change enrollment data
If you want to change the options that appear in the enrollment and election dropdown menus, update your field options in data admin.
Go to Profile > Settings > Data & Custom Fields > Field Options >
- Election (Policy) to change the field options you see in the “Election” dropdown menus.
- Enrollment Status (Policy) to change the field options you see in the “Enrollment Status” dropdown menus.
If you want to change the enrollment data that is listed in the above locations, update your columns settings in data admin.
Go to Profile > Settings > Column Settings >
- Group - Policies - Enrollments
- Individual - Policies - Enrollments
- Policy - Enrollments
How to report on enrollments
If you’re interested in exporting enrollment data for an employee census, run the Group Enrollment Census standard report for a quick download. This report generates lists of policies, coverages, enrollments and elections on your group policies.
You can also add enrollment data to your custom reports. Set up custom filters based on certain enrollment criteria to dig deeper into your book of business and find gaps in policy coverages.
I want to upload group employee information, relationships, and basic individuals. How do I do this?
Please contact the Client Success Team to help you import this data.
Can I track election data for my individual business?
Yes, visit the Adding Policy Elections article to learn how.
Can Agent CRMs see enrollment and election information?
Yes, depending on the permissions your agency has set up for them in security groups.
Why can’t I edit who is covered on the policy enrollment?
You may not have access to all covered members. To make changes, an administrator at your agency will need to grant you access to all covered members.