Groups are a record type for storing and tracking basic client, lead, and prospect information on companies and organizations. With individuals and policies in your account, you can associate them to a group to track employee information and create policy enrollments. Learn more about groups in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Groups are commonly created using the +New button found at the top of any page, and the ‘New Group’ button from the Groups page.
A group can’t be deleted when it is associated to:
- Policies. We recommend associating the policies to another individual or group to retain the commission history.
- More than one individual. We recommend changing the primary contact to another individual.
- Incomplete activities.
It’s also good practice to check and make sure the group doesn’t have enrollments with a group policy because that enrollment data will be deleted as well.
Merging duplicate groups
Duplicate groups are typically created by accident during data imports. It can also happen when two or more users manually enter the same data without consulting each other. To help keep your book of business clean, AgencyBloc detects duplicates based on certain criteria. Once found, the duplicates can be merged and consolidated into one.
Please note, merging individuals deletes the duplicate. This may affect other features, such as Automated Workflow or Email Marketing, that are tied to it.
Data tracked by groups
- Group Detail - Store client, lead, and prospect information specific to the group. Create custom fields to track data unique to your agency and customize the options in dropdown menus.
- Individuals - Add/associate individuals to indicate their connection to the group. You can also add employee information and set a primary contact. Please note, the group must have at least one or more associated individuals in order to create and track policy enrollments.
- Policies - Two comprehensive lists of policies and policy enrollments held by the group and its employees. You can access the policies and policy enrollments from these lists for more details.
- Activities - A list of assigned to-dos and reminders that are related to the carrier or its associated individuals. On this tab, you can create activities to assign actionable to-dos to agents and others at your agency. Activities also serve as a source of historical data because they cannot be altered or deleted.
- Notes & Attachments - This tab shows notes or attachments associated to the group. When you create a note, you’ll see a “Pin Note” option. Pinned notes appear in the group summary. Pin notes to track important information.
- Emails - This tab shows emails sent to the group’s primary contact via Automated Workflow or Email Marketing. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Emails that were sent to the group's primary contact, group individuals, and group policy individuals.
- Active, pending, paused, and completed Email Marketing campaigns that include the group’s primary contact, group individuals, and group policy individuals.
- Workflows - If your agency activated Automated Workflow, you will see all workflow activity for the agent. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Activities that were created for the group and assigned to a follow-up team or user, primary servicing agent, or account manager.
- Emails that were sent to the group's primary contact, primary servicing agent, account manager, or a user that was associated to the group.
- Triggered workflows that included the group as a trigger condition.
- Group Summary - Shows the group’s primary contact, in force policies, open activities, and pinned notes.
Uses in other features
- Individuals - associate individuals to assign a primary contact, and track employee information and group policy enrollments.
- Policies - add enrollments to group policies.
- Reports - run reports to download comprehensive data on your groups.
- Email Marketing - create email campaigns to send mass communications from AgencyBloc to a group’s primary contact, group individuals, and group policy individuals.
- Automated Workflow - set up workflows to automatically create activities or send emails to a group’s primary contact, servicing agent, account manager, or a specific user associated to the group when certain conditions are met.