Groups are a record type for storing and tracking basic client, lead, and prospect information on companies and organizations. With individuals and policies in your account, you can associate them to a group to track employee information and create policy enrollments. Learn more about groups in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Groups are commonly created using the +New button found at the top of any page, and the ‘New Group’ button from the Groups page.
A group can’t be deleted when it is associated to:
- Policies. We recommend associating the policies to another individual or group to retain the commission history.
- More than one individual. We recommend changing the primary contact to another individual.
- Incomplete activities.
It’s also good practice to check and make sure the group doesn’t have enrollments with a group policy because that enrollment data will be deleted as well.
Data tracked by groups
- Group Detail - Store client, lead, and prospect information specific to the group. Create custom fields to track data unique to your agency and customize the options in dropdown menus.
- Individuals - Add/associate individuals to indicate their connection to the group. You can also add employee information and set a primary contact. Please note, the group must have at least one or more associated individuals in order to create and track policy enrollments.
- Policies - Two comprehensive lists of policies and policy enrollments held by the group and its employees. You can access the policies and policy enrollments from these lists for more details.
- Activities - A list of assigned to-dos and reminders that are related to the carrier or its associated individuals. On this tab, you can create activities to assign actionable to-dos to agents and others at your agency. Activities also serve as a source of historical data because they cannot be altered or deleted.
- Notes & Attachments - This tab shows notes or attachments associated to the group. When you create a note, you’ll see a “Pin Note” option. Pinned notes appear in the group summary. Pin notes to track important information.
- Emails - This tab shows emails sent to the group’s primary contact via Automated Workflow or Email Marketing. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Emails that were sent to the group's primary contact, group individuals, and group policy individuals.
- Active, pending, paused, and completed Email Marketing campaigns that include the group’s primary contact, group individuals, and group policy individuals.
- Workflows - If your agency activated Automated Workflow, you will see all workflow activity for the agent. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Activities that were created for the group and assigned to a follow-up team or user, primary servicing agent, or account manager.
- Emails that were sent to the group's primary contact, primary servicing agent, account manager, or a user that was associated to the group.
- Triggered workflows that included the group as a trigger condition.
- Group Summary - Shows the group’s primary contact, in force policies, open activities, and pinned notes.
Uses in other features
- Individuals - associate individuals to assign a primary contact, and track employee information and group policy enrollments.
- Policies - add enrollments to group policies.
- Reports - run reports to download comprehensive data on your groups.
- Email Marketing - create email campaigns to send mass communications from AgencyBloc to a group’s primary contact, group individuals, and group policy individuals.
- Automated Workflow - set up workflows to automatically create activities or send emails to a group’s primary contact, servicing agent, account manager, or a specific user associated to the group when certain conditions are met.