By associating an individual to group and carrier records, you can show the individual’s relationship with a group or carrier. An individual that is associated to a group may be its primary contact or employee. Also, associating individuals to groups is important if you want to set up policy enrollments for your group business. Learn how to associate individuals in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Associating an individual
To associate an individual while creating a new record:
- From the main menu, select +New and then individual.
- Enter details and then select 'Associate Individual'.
- Select record type.
- Choose a new/existing group or a new/existing carrier. If you’re associating the individual to a group, you can add employee info at this step.
- Select save to create the individual.
- In the “New Individual” window, select ‘Save’ to create the new individual and continue to the Individual Detail page. If you select ‘Save & Add Another’, the window will refresh, and you will be able to create another individual immediately after.
Additional ways to associate individuals
As you’re working in AgencyBloc, you'll find a few other ways you can associate individuals. To name a few:
- Go to the Individuals tab of a group record and select ‘Add’.
- Go to the Individuals tab of a carrier record and select ‘Add’.
- Associate individuals when importing data into your account. Contact our Client Success Team and check out the Data Import Overview article for more information.
Editing an associated individual
To edit or remove an associated individual on a group or carrier:
- Open an individual record.
- Click the green pencil icon.
- Select record type.
- Choose an existing group/carrier or create a new group/carrier.
- Enter new details.
- Save the changes or remove to disassociate the individual from the group or carrier.
Viewing associated individuals
When you are viewing an individual, you’ll see the name of the group or carrier the individual is associated with. If the individual is not associated with a group or carrier, you’ll see (no group or carrier) listed next to the individual's name.
As you are viewing a group or carrier record, the Individuals tab lists all the associated individuals. From the side menu, you can download a list of these individuals or adjust column settings.
Can I associate an individual to more than one group or carrier?
An individual can be associated with one group or carrier at a time.
Can I set more than one primary contact for a group?
A group can only be set with one primary contact. If you have other important contacts, you can list them in a pinned note.