Individuals are a record type for storing and tracking basic client, lead, and prospect information for your individual business. Individuals are also important if you want to add employees to a group. Each employee needs a corresponding individual record. Learn more about individuals in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Individuals are commonly created using the +New button found at the top of any page, and the ‘New Individual’ button from the Individuals page.
An individual can’t be deleted when it is associated to:
- Policies. We recommend associating the policies to another individual or group to retain the commission history.
- A group as the primary contact. We recommend changing the primary contact to another group employee.
- Incomplete activities.
It’s also good practice to check and make sure the individual doesn’t have enrollments with a group policy because that enrollment data will be deleted as well.
Merging duplicate individuals
Duplicate individuals are typically created by accident during data imports. It can also happen when two or more users manually enter the same data without consulting each other. To help keep your book of business clean, AgencyBloc detects duplicates based on certain criteria. Once found, the duplicates can be merged and consolidated into one.
Please note, merging individuals deletes the duplicate. This may affect other features, such as Automated Workflow or Email Marketing, that are tied to it.
Data tracked by individuals
- Individual Detail - Store client, lead, and prospect information specific to the individual. Create custom fields to track data unique to your agency and customize the options in dropdown menus.
- Policies - Two comprehensive lists of policies and group policy enrollments held by the individual. You can access the policies and group policy enrollments from these lists to view and edit.
- Activities - A list of assigned to-dos and reminders that are related to the individual. On this tab, you can create activities to assign actionable to-dos to agents and others at your agency. Activities also serve as a source of historical data because they cannot be altered or deleted.
- Notes/Attachments - A list of notes and attachments associated to the individual. You can pin a note to display it at the top of the list and add it to the individual summary for quick and easy access.
- Relationships - A list of the individual's personal (e.g. spouse, parent, children, extended family) and professional (e.g. power of attorney) relationships. Relationships are important to add if you want to track covered members for policy enrollments and elections.
- Emails - If your agency activated Automated Workflow or Email Marketing, you will see all email traffic for the individual. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Workflows - If your agency activated Automated Workflow, you will see all workflow activity for the individual. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Activities that were created for the individual and assigned to a follow-up team, user, or servicing agent.
- Emails that were sent to the individual, the individual’s servicing agent, or a user that was associated to the individual.
- Triggered workflows that included the individual as a trigger condition.
- Individual Summary - Shows the individual’s contact info, in force policies, relationships, open activities, and pinned note.
Uses in other features
- Carriers - associate to a carrier as the primary contact.
- Groups - associate to a group as an employee and/or primary contact.
- Policies - track elections on individual policies and add enrollments on group policies.
- Reports - run reports to download comprehensive data on your individuals.
- Email Marketing - create email campaigns to send mass communications from AgencyBloc to individual clients, leads, and prospects.
- Automated Workflow - set up workflows to automatically create activities or send emails to individuals when certain conditions are met.
- Outlook Email Sync - set up this integration to associate emails from desktop versions of Microsoft Outlook to an individual in AgencyBloc.