When uploading a carrier statement to AgencyBloc, you’ll add the entries, and optionally deposits, to a Transaction. The Transaction organizes your commissions by a unique ID, which you can search on to look up commissions. It also captures important dates, like the Carrier Statement Date.
With all this information in one place, you can quickly refer back to past carrier statements and confirm the payment amounts.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating a Transaction
You can create Transactions from the Commission page, when importing commission data, or when adding manual commission entries. Where you create Transactions will depend on your business processes.
When you create a Transaction, you will always:
- Give it a name that is easy for you to remember and identify.
- Specify the Carrier Statement Date
- This date is typically found on the carrier statement. This date is tied to the Transaction and helps you refer back to past carrier statements.
- (Optional) Add deposit information.
- You can add and edit deposits on existing Transactions. Learn more about adding and tracking deposits.
Once a Transaction is created, you can add entries to it via import or manual entry.
Deleting a Transaction
Deleting a Transaction can’t be undone. If you delete a Transaction, you will lose all its deposits and commission entries.
If you need to delete a Transaction, we recommend reviewing its contents and moving anything you want to keep to another Transaction first. Then, you can delete it from the Transaction details page.
Moving commission entries
To move an entry from one Transaction to another:
- Go to Commission > Add & Edit Entries and pull up entries by Transaction or Agent Statement Date.
- In the Commission Entries table, select the “Edit” button next to the entry you want to move.
- Select the “Actions” button and choose “Move to another transaction…” in the dropdown menu.
- Search and select the Transaction you want to move the entry to.
You can download a list of your Transactions from the Commission page. This export will include the high-level details of your Transactions, such as the total commission received.
We recommend using filters to narrow down the list of Transactions that are included in the export.
Data included in the export
The Transaction Details page displays summaries of deposits, commission entries, and agent statements.
- Carrier Statement Date - The date on the carrier statement. The date on the carrier statement. The Carrier Statement Date is tied to the Transaction. You can edit this date from the Transaction Details page.
- Exceptions - Also known as “red edits.” Exceptions are commission entries that could not be processed due to missing information. For example, entries that could not be linked to a policy, or have missing rates or payees. Learn how to reconcile commissions and fix exceptions.
- Agent Statement Date - The date you plan to pay your agents. The Agent Statement Date is tied to commission entries. You can edit this date on each entry.
- Before a recent release, this date was called “Statement Date.”
- A locked date indicates that you’ve finalized and paid out commissions.
- There may be multiple Agent Statement Dates depending on how you pay out your commission entries.
- Multiple Transactions can share the same Agent Statement Date. This may happen if you want to pay out entries, across multiple carrier statements, on the same date.
How do I change the Carrier Statement Date?
By opening the Transaction and editing its Transaction Details.
How do I change the Agent Statement Date?
Every commission entry has an Agent Statement Date. To change it, you will need to go into each entry and update the Agent Statement Date.