In Commission > Date Utilities, you have options to merge and purge Agent Statement Dates. One combines the commission entries of two dates while the other mass deletes entries. You typically won’t need to merge or purge Agent Statement Dates but this article will show you how if you do.
IN THIS ARTICLE
If you assign a bunch of entries to an Agent Statement Date and you realize it was the wrong one, or you want to change the payout date, you can mass update the entries by merging the date with the correct one.
Note: Once completed, a merge can’t be undone and the old date will disappear. Also, merging dates could impact policy commission history and agent balances.
To merge dates:
- Navigate to the Commission > Date Utilities page.
- In the “Merge From Date” dropdown list, select the date you want to move.
- All commission entries on the specified date will be moved.
- In the “Into Date” box, enter the statement date you wish to move the commission entries to.
- Enter an existing date to combine multiple dates and their commission entries into a single date. You may also create a new date.
- Select the “Merge Commission Dates” button.
- Please note, merges can't be undone.
When you merge dates, the commission entries of the first date will be combined with the entries of the second date. Once completed, this action can't be undone.
To purge an Agent Statement Date, you must belong to a Security Group with the following permissions:
- Commission > Edit (Full Commission Editing)
- Commission > Purge Commission Entries
Most of the time, you will be importing all your carrier statements for a given pay period to the same Agent Statement Date. Purging that Agent Statement Date in Commission > Date Utilities would delete ALL commission entries and agent adjustments that were applied to that date.
Instead of purging from Date Utilities, we recommend reviewing and using the methods below based on your needs:
- Purge from Commission History. This method allows you to delete all entries that were uploaded with a specific carrier statement import. Please note that the Commission History doesn’t have an option to purge entries that were uploaded manually. See this article for full instructions.
- Delete the Commission Transaction. All commission entries (uploaded via import or manual entry) are placed in a Transaction. If you delete the Transaction, all of its entries will also be deleted. If you imported multiple statements into the same Transaction and you want to delete a specific Transaction, we recommend purging the statement from Commission History. See this article for full instructions.
- Delete from Commission > Add & Edit Entries. This method allows you to delete entries one by one instead of en masse.