If you meet with clients over Zoom, you may want to store the recordings in AgencyBloc for auditing and regulatory purposes. This article has a pre-recorded demo and written instructions for making a Zap that attaches Zoom recordings to Activities.
This Zap will create Activities for the same Agent record every time it’s triggered. Once created, you will have the option to change an Activity’s association to the client record.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Once set up and activated, this Zap will trigger when you record a call, if the call was inbound, the Zap will continue and save the recording to AgencyBloc as an Activity.
For this Zap, you will need the following:
- Zoom account
- Zapier account - New to Zapier? See this article first.
- Zapier integration activated in AgencyBloc
Note: Review the Common Problems with Zoom to understand any scenarios that may cause issues with your Zap.
Once set up and activated this Zap will trigger when there is a new meeting recording in your Zoom account, then the Zap will create an Activity with the file attachment included.
- In a separate window, log in to your Zapier account and open the Zap template.
- Put this window side-by-side.
- Watch the video guide and follow along for step-by-step instructions on how to edit the template.
Video recorded on September 22, 2022
- 0:00 - 0:40: Intro
- 0:41 - 1:03: Connect your Zoom account
- 1:04 - 3:40: Connect your AgencyBloc account
- 3:41 - 11:17: Map fields from Zoom into AgencyBloc
- 11:18 - 14:27: Send test
- 14:28 - 14:51: Turn on Zap
Written instructions are below.
1. Connect your Zoom account
- In the Zap template, connect your Zoom account to Zapier.
- - If you’ve already connected your Zoom account, you will see a list of options.
- If you don't see any options, select 'Connect a new account'.
- Continue to connect your AgencyBloc account.
For a pre-recorded demo of these steps, watch 0:41 - 1:03 in the video guide.
2. Connect your AgencyBloc account
- Select your AgencyBloc account.
- You may need to connect your AgencyBloc to Zapier with an API key. Learn how to activate the AgencyBloc Zapier integration.
- In the Associated With - Record Type field, select ‘Agent’ from the list.
- Select the Activity fields you want to edit in AgencyBloc.
- At a minimum, select:
- Activity Status- ID
- Activity Date
- Due Date
- Due Date - All Day
- Follow-up User - First Name
- Follow-up User - Last Name
- Follow-up Team - Name
- Attachments from Zapier File 1
- Attachments from Zapier File 2
- Continue to map fields from Zoom into AgencyBloc.
For a pre-recorded demo of these steps, watch 1:04 - 3:40 in the video guide.
3. Map fields from Zoom into AgencyBloc
- In the Associated With - Record ID field, enter the ID of the Agent you want the Activity to be associated with.
- a. Go to the Agents tab, and select the agent’s name. In the address bar of your browser, the ID is in the URL. Copy the ID and paste it in the Associated With - Record ID field.
b. Copy the ID and paste it in the Associated With - Record ID field.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject line.
- This subject line will be applied to all Activities created by this Zap. For example, you could set the subject line to ’Zoom Meeting Recording’
- In the Notes field, select the Topic and Meeting ID from the dropdown.
- In the Activity Status - ID field, select ‘Not Started’ from the dropdown list.
- In the Activity Date field, select ‘Start Time’ from the dropdown list.
- In the Due Date field, select ‘Start Time’ from the dropdown list.
- In the Due Date - All Day field, select ‘Yes’.
- In the Follow-up User - First Name field, type the user’s first name who will be completing this Activity.
- Note: The User’s first name may not match the Agent’s first name. To verify, go to Settings > Users to see what is entered or create a new Activity and view the 'Follow-up User' dropdown list.
- In the Follow-up User - Last Name field, type the user’s last name who will be completing this Activity.
- Note: The User’s last name may not match the Agent’s last name. To verify, go to Settings > Users to see what is entered or create a new Activity and view the 'Follow-up User' dropdown list.
- Optionally, in the Follow-up Team - Name, enter a team name.
- In the Attachments from Zapier File 1 field, select ‘Video Files Download URL’ from the dropdown list.
- In the Attachments from Zapier File 2 field, select ‘Audio Files Download URL’ from the dropdown list.
- Next and continue to send test.
For a pre-recorded demo of these steps, watch 3:41 - 11:17 in the video guide.
4. Send test
Once you’ve finished mapping Zoom fields into AgencyBloc, run a test to make sure the Zap is set up correctly. The test will help you verify whether data is passing successfully from Zoom to AgencyBloc.
If the test was unsuccessful, you’ll see a list of the errors that occurred. We recommend troubleshooting the errors and running another test to verify that everything’s fixed.
If the test was successful, the Zap will create an Activity in AgencyBloc. To review the test in AgencyBloc:
- Go to the Agent record that was specified in the field mapping.
- Navigate to the Activity tab.
- Verify that the test Activity was successfully created and has a recording file from Zoom.
For a pre-recorded demo of this step, watch 11:18 - 14:27 in the video guide.
5. Turn on Zap
If the test was successful, you’re ready to turn on the Zap.
For a pre-recorded demo of this step, watch 14:28 - 14:51 in the video guide.
Why aren’t my recordings being added to the Activity?
Zoom has some permission settings that may prevent files from being sent to AgencyBloc. Review this article from Zoom on how to modify your permissions to send files through Zapier.
Can I have the Zoom meeting added to the client right away instead of moving the Activity after it is in AgencyBloc?
It could be possible, with a disciplined meeting topic process in place.
There are a couple of reasons this Zap is set up to go to the same Agent Record each time:
- It allows your account to stay on the Free Zapier Plan
- The only data Zoom provides to determine what client the meeting was with is via the Meeting Topic. The topic would need to include a few specific variables in order for Zapier to look up that client, and then create the Activity under the record. The additional work it takes to get the correct information on the Meeting Topic generally outweighs moving the Activity from the agent to the client record.
Is there a way to move the activity to an Individual or Group record once it is created?
Yes, if you have the appropriate permissions you will have the option to change an Activity’s association to the client record.