Agents are a record type for storing and tracking contracts, licenses, E&O, and commission data for your agency's producers. In addition, agents are tied to many features in AgencyBloc. To name a few, you need agents to process commissions, run statements, and set up permissions and securities for users with restricted access. Learn more about agents in this article.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Before you can create agents, there needs to be at one agency record in AgencyBloc. Agencies are commonly created using the +New button found at the top of any page and the ‘New Agency’ button from the Agents > Manage Agencies page. You can also create them via data imports.
Agents are commonly created using the +New button found at the top of any page, and the ‘New Agent’ button from the Agents page.
Note: You need at least one agency record before you can create agents.
An agent can’t be deleted when it is associated to:
- Commissions. We recommend reviewing the associated commission payments to determine whether the agent can be deleted.
- Groups, individuals, or policies. If the agent is assigned to a record as the servicing agent or additional agent, you will need to remove the agent from the record or reassign the record to another agent.
- Incomplete activities.
Merging duplicate agents
Duplicate agents are typically created by accident during data imports. It can also happen when two or more users manually enter the same data without consulting each other. To help keep your book of business clean, AgencyBloc detects duplicates based on certain criteria. Once found, the duplicates can be merged and consolidated into one.
Please note, merging agents deletes the duplicate. This may affect other features, such as Automated Workflow or Email Marketing, that are tied to it.
Data tracked by agents
- Agent Details - Store client, lead, and prospect information specific to the agent. Create custom fields to track data unique to your agency and customize the options in dropdown menus.
- Activities - A list of assigned to-dos and reminders that are related to the agent. On this tab, you can create activities to assign actionable to-dos to others at your agency. Activities also serve as a source of historical data because they cannot be altered or deleted.
- Agencies - A list of the agent’s associated agencies. An agent can be associated to more than one agency.
- Clients - A list of groups/individuals that are associated to the agent. An agent is associated to a group/individual by adding it as a servicing agent or additional agent.
- Policies - A list of policies that are associated to the agent. An agent is associated to a policy by adding it as a servicing agent or additional agent.
- E&O, Contracts, Licenses - Store agent E&O Insurance, Carrier Contracts, and State Licenses uploads, information, and dates for quick and easy reference.
- Notes & Attachments - A list of notes and attachments associated to the agent. You can pin a note to display it at the top of the list and add it to the agent summary for quick and easy access.
- Personal Info - A place to store personal data about the agent for internal reference.
- Commissions (accounts with Commission Processing module only) - A place to store commission-related information, such as bank and direct deposit information, and default payee schedule or rate table.
- Emails - If your agency activated Email Marketing, you will see all email traffic for the agent. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Emails that were associated to the agent, using Outlook Email Sync.
- Emails that were sent to the agent, using Automated Workflow or Email Marketing.
- Active, pending, paused, and completed Email Marketing campaigns that include the agent.
- Workflows - If your agency activated Automated Workflow, you will see all workflow activity for the agent. You may find this helpful for previewing:
- Activities that were created for the agent and assigned to a follow-up team or user.
- Emails that were sent to the agent.
- Triggered workflows that included the agent as a trigger condition.
- Agent Summary - Shows the agent’s contact info, a client count (groups and individuals), in force policies, open activities, and pinned note.
Uses in other features
- Group, individual, and policy records - assign as a primary servicing agent, additional agent, or lead agent/affiliate. Servicing agents are used in features throughout AgencBloc, including security groups and user permissions.
- Commissions - assign as the payee to process commissions.
- Agent Statements - download statements to give to agents with their paycheck.
- Reports - run reports to download comprehensive data on your agents.
- Email Marketing - create campaigns to send mass communications from AgencyBloc to agents.
- Automated Workflow - set up workflows to automatically create activities or send emails to agents when certain conditions are met.
- Outlook Email Sync - set up this integration to associate emails from desktop versions of Microsoft Outlook to an agent in AgencyBloc.