Record Types allow you to define and segment your Sales Records to meet your agency’s specific business processes. Create ones like Lead, Renewal, or Do Not Contact, and use our customizable permissions to control which users can view, add, or edit each Record Type.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating Record Types
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Sales > Record Types setting and select the ‘EDIT’ button.
- Select the ‘ADD NEW RECORD TYPE’ button.
- Fill in the Record Type Details.
- - Description: Description of the Record Type. Should be the singular form of the word.
- Sort Order: A number to specify what order this record should be sorted in.
- Show Temperature Counts: Shows Sales Record temperature counts on the Individual Sales Dashboard.
- Show Record Status Counts: Shows Sales Record status counts on the Individual Sales Dashboard.
- Show Recent Records: Shows recent Sales Records on the Individual Sales Dashboard.
- Use Custom Columns: Allows for you to control what columns of data are displayed on the listing pages.
- When ready, select the ‘CREATE’ button to finish editing the Record Type.
For others to access your Record Types, you will need to edit and update their Record Type permissions.
Assigning Record Types to users
- Go to Settings > Servicing > Users.
- On the Users page, select the ‘Sales’ tab.
- Select the … button next to the user you want to edit and choose ‘Edit’ from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab and edit the user’s permissions.
Once set up, the user will see their assigned Record Types in a number of places. In particular, their Record Types will be displayed in the left-hand navigation and the +New menu.
Record Type permissions
An Account Admin is a user that belongs to a Security Group with the ‘Manage Users’ permission. Agents are all other users.
Only Account Admins can access Sales settings and change the permissions for other users.
Account Admins can access Sales Records for all Record Types while Agents can only access Sales Records that are associated with their assigned Record Types.
You can assign Record Types to each Agent. The Agent can only view, add/edit, and delete Sales Records that are associated with their assigned Record Types.
User Can Access Unassigned Records (Admin Users Always Have Access): Agents can access unassigned Sales Records if this permission is turned on. Otherwise, they can only access records that are assigned to them.
Lead Access Permissions
This setting controls whether an Agent can view, add/edit, or delete Sales Records.
Agent Dropdown View
This setting controls whether an Agent can see all Agents in the account, only Agents within the same Agency, or only themselves in Agent dropdowns.