Intulse is a provider of VOIP business phone solutions. To learn more, visit Intulse’s site. This integration allows you to quickly identify inbound calls, save call log details, and text message history to matching records in AgencyBloc.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Setting up the integration
To set up this integration, you need:
- An API SID and API key from AgencyBloc
- An account with Intulse
You can submit a request for your API SID and API key to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-338-7075. Even if you already have this information from a previous integration, we highly recommend using a unique set of credentials for each integration you are leveraging.
Note: API keys grant full access to your AgencyBloc account, so protect them the same way you protect your AgencyBloc account password.
With your API SID and API key on hand, go into your Intulse account to finish setup.
Changing default Activity Status
By default, Activities created by this integration will have a “Completed” status. You can change the default status to “In Progress” in your Intulse account settings.
Every user in your Intulse account will have this setting. If you want to assign Activities to a user, that user will need to go into their Intulse account and enable this setting. They will also need their AgencyBloc User ID.
If you’re an administrator in AgencyBloc, you may need to help them get their AgencyBloc User ID. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Users
- Select the AgencyBloc User you want the Intulse integration to assign Activities to.
- In the user details, look at the URL in your browser's address bar and write down the number at the end of the URL or copy it.
- This number is the User ID.
- In the Intulse app, from the URL and enter in the User ID field in the Intulse app.
Using the screen pop
When you receive a call through Intulse, a screen pop will appear with the caller ID. If the caller’s phone number matches with a Group or Individual record in AgencyBloc, the screen pop will show the record’s name, which you can click to instantly access its details.
To fully utilize the screen pop:
- Keep both AgencyBloc and Intulse up and running in multiple tabs or windows.
- Make sure your Group and Individual records in AgencyBloc have phone numbers.
Saving call details in AgencyBloc
In Intulse, you can log calls (inbound/outbound) and save the call log details to Group and Individual records in AgencyBloc as Activities.
Depending on how you choose to manage the integration, you can log calls manually or automatically.
If you manually log a call, you can:
- Customize the call subject and add a description.
- Choose which record in AgencyBloc you want to save the call log details to as an Activity. If you chose to record the call, the log details will include an attachment/link to the recording.
With auto-logging, the integration will automatically create an Activity on the matching Group/Individual record in AgencyBloc with basic caller information, such as start time, duration, and direction (inbound/outbound). If you chose to record calls, it will also include a link to the recording.
Saving texting history in AgencyBloc
The Intulse app has a texting feature that allows you to send and receive texts. You can save a history of those texts to AgencyBloc if you enable the “Every night, log all text message history for the day as activities in AgencyBloc” setting in the Intulse app.
If enabled, once per day, the Intulse integration will create a new Activity with the texting history of that day. Please note that the integration will not aggregate the texting history from multiple days into a single Activity.
The content of the text messages will be stored in the Notes field of Activities.