Employee Navigator is an online group enrollment platform for brokers and their clients. To learn more, head over to Employee Navigator's site.
AMS+'s integration with Employee Navigator’s help you manage clients and processing commissions. The integration allows you to sync group, carrier, and policy data from Employee Navigator into AMS+. After you make a change in Employee Navigator, you can then sync the updated information to AMS+.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Integration Setup & Field Details
Important: Please review these steps to start.
To prevent loss of data, please define consistent Carrier Names and Benefit Categories/Coverage Types. Review your Carrier names and Coverage Types in AMS+ before synchronizing your data. Carrier names and Benefit Categories in Employee Navigator will overwrite the names used in AMS+.
The integration allows for data to be pushed from Employee Navigator into AMS+ account via AMS+'s API.
- Get the API SID and Key for the integration.
The Account Owner needs to contact a Client Success Specialist by calling or emailing email@example.com.
Note: Make sure to protect your API SID & Key like you would a password.
- Enter your AMS+ API SID & API Key in Employee Navigator.
- Log into Employee Navigator, then go to settings and select the AMS+ link. Please note, you must have "Manage User" permissions in Employee Navigator to see the integration.
- You're ready to go!
- The connection is setup and you can begin to map existing data and sync data.
A few reminders:
- A company must have at least one active benefit plan setup in Employee Navigator to sync.
- Benefit plans in Employee Navigator must contain a policy number to sync.
- Only users with the privileges to Manage Users have access to setup and manage the integration.
- All users will be able to view the AMS+ statistics and report on the agency home page.
The integration and data exchange includes the following fields from Employee Navigator. Field names are listed below for AMS+'s and Employee Navigator. When they are different, you'll see both field names listed.
|Employee Navigator Field
|Federal Tax ID
|(Same) - Note: Address changes in Employee Navigator do not pass to AMS+
|Other Lead Source
Note: All Employee Navigator Plans with the same Policy # are combined into a single Policy when passed to AMS+. If a policy ends, the policy status needs to be manually updated in AMS+.
|Employee Navigator Field
|Plan in Employee Navigator is either Active or it has been deleted; plans not yet activated are not passed to AMS+
|Plan Ends Date + 1 day
Note: Only the company contact is synced to AMS+ (not employee records).
|Employee Navigator Fields
Mapping your Existing Data
If you have existing data in both AMS+ and Employee Navigator, you need to perform a one-time mapping of data items to ensure items sync correctly. To map existing Groups and Policies between the AMS+ and Employee Navigator:
- In Employee Navigator, go to Marketplace > AgencyBloc.
- In the AgencyBloc Company and Policy Mapping section, select the red button Assign Company and Policies.
- In the top drop down box for Map To AgencyBloc Company' select the name of the AgencyBloc group that matches the Employee Navigator company.
- Once a Group/Company is mapped, a list of policies will appear. For each policy, select the matching AgencyBloc policy.
- The AgencyBloc Policy drop down list displays the following information from AMS+: Policy number + Carrier + Coverage Type. Leaving the field set to New will result in a new policy being created in AMS+.
Note: If a company or policy in Employee Navigator is incorrectly linked to a group or policy in AMS+, go to Marketplace > AgencyBloc and click on Edit Company and Policies. Then, select a different AMS+ Group or Policy.
Syncing your Data Between Systems
Initial & Ongoing
After you enter the AMS+ API SID and Key, you will see a green Send button on your Employee Navigator home screen. It will be in the AgencyBloc section (bottom right-hand corner). Clicking 'Send' performs the initial data synchronization as well as ongoing synchronization. Select *click here for a more detailed view. This will display details for the companies and policies are synchronized with AMS+.
Timing your Syncs
Clicking 'Send' will sync data from Employee Navigator to AMS+ for new companies, all mapped companies, and policies. As the sync updates existing data and creates new records, we suggest syncing data based on time frames that are in line with your agency's processes.
Already have an Employee Navigator account?
Please contact our Client Success Team to discuss activating this integration piece.
Interested in learning more about Employee Navigator?
Please contact Employee Navigator.