To help protect your organization’s data from unauthorized access, AgencyBloc allows you to whitelist external IP addresses to control where users can log into their AgencyBloc account. You can set this option at the account level or the Security Group level. For instructions, check out the steps below.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Add at the Account Level
To add an authorized external IP address at the account level for your entire agency, email email@example.com. If you need to add, modify, or delete authorized external IP Addresses, just email us again.
Once an authorized external IP address has been associated with your account, any user that attempts to login from a different external IP address will receive the following message:
Add at the Security Group Level
You can set authorized external IP addresses at a security group level for even more control. When you set an authorized external IP Address at the security group level, it takes precedence over what is set at the account level.
To add authorized external IP addresses at the Security Group level:
- Go to Profile & Settings > Settings and select Security Groups.
- Select a Security Group.
- Scroll to the "Enable IP Whitelist Permissions" field and check the box to display a text box.
- In the text box, enter the authorized external IP addresses.
- Make sure to enter all of the external IPs for users in this security group. Add a comma ", " after each IP Address. To find your external IP address, use this website or Google "what's my IP?".
- Save changes.
- Users may now use AgencyBloc only if they're logged in from the whitelisted IP addresses.