For agents and producers to see their book of business in AgencyBloc, they need to be a User in AgencyBloc and have a matching Agent record. Both need to be connected. You can assign the Agent record to Group, Individual, Sales Opportunity, and Policy records to indicate which ones belong to the person’s book of business. This article will tell you how to make those connections.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Connecting Users and Agent records
For setup, the agent/producer should:
- Be a User in AgencyBloc. If not, you will need to add them.
Visit this article to learn how. Please note, you can only set up and manage Users if you belong to a Security Group with the "Users" Administrative permission.
- Have a matching Agent record. If not, you will need to create one. Visit this article to learn how.
With both in place, you’re ready to connect them.
- Go to Settings > Users and select a User.
- In the “Accessible Agents” field, enter the name of the User’s corresponding Agent record.
- Please note, the Security Group affects the number of Accessible Agents that you can assign to the User.
- Agent CRM Users can have a total of 3 Accessible Agents.
- Agency Users have no limit. Visit this article for more details.
- Save the User.
- The User can now access any Group, Individual, Sales Opportunity, or Policy record in their book of business. A book of business may include any record that lists the Agent record as a “Servicing Agent” or "Primary Producer".
Setting up a book of business
Every Group, Individual, and Policy record has a “Servicing Agent” field and several “Additional Agent” fields. Sales Opportunity records have a "Primary Producer" and several "Additional Producer" fields. All work similarly.
Your Users can track and manage records assigned to their Agent records.
Accessing unassigned leads, Sales Opportunities, and Policies
Incoming leads from lead forms and other lead generation methods often come into AgencyBloc without an assigned Servicing Agent/Additional Agent. A User with access to only their book of business may not be able to view or manage these leads.
You can expand a User’s access to Groups, Individuals, and Policies that do not have an assigned Servicing Agent/Additional Agent. To do this, you will need to edit the User’s assigned Security Group and enable the setting called “Include [record type] with no agent assignment”.
Once enabled, the User will be able to access their book of business and any unassigned Group, Individual, and Policy records.