Create teams to help delegate tasks in your agency. With Teams, you can assign Activities to multiple users and schedule Team-specific notifications to display on the Dashboard.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating a Team
The "Security Groups & Teams" Administrative Security Group permission is required to add and edit Teams.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Servicing > Teams setting. On the Teams page, select the ‘New Team’ button.
- Enter the Team name and check the “Active” checkbox.
- The Team will only appear in dropdown lists if it is active.
- After creating the Team, you can start assigning users to it.
Removing a Team
Before you remove a Team from AMS+, we recommend first running the Activities report. This report will show you all Activities and who they’re currently assigned to. If the team you’re removing is assigned to incomplete Activities, you may want to reassign those Activities to a different user or Team for follow-up.
Keep in mind, removing a Team may affect other areas of the application.
- Activity dropdown lists
The Team will no longer be available in Activity dropdown lists.
- Activities Dashboard
Users that were on the deleted Team will also no longer see its shared Activities on the Dashboard.
Users that were on the deleted Team will also no longer see its Activities on the AMS+ Calendar.
- Automated Workflow
Workflows with actions to assign Activities to the removed Team will instead be assigned to your agency’s backup user.
Assigning Users to a Team
The "Users" Administrative Security Group permission is required to modify user settings.
To assign a user to a Team:
- Go to Settings > Servicing > Users and select the user you want to assign to a Team.
- In the Security section, select the Team(s) you want to assign the user to.
- The user will now receive email notifications (unless turned off in My Account > Servicing > My Info) when Activities are assigned to the Team and see its shared Activities on the Activities Dashboard, as well as team notifications.
By default, Teams allow you to assign an Activity to a group of users. Everyone on the Team can see its assigned Activities on their Activities Dashboard. If an Activity has a due date, it will also display on the calendar. Any user on the Team can take action on its Activities.
Note: If you’re using Teams to assign Activities in a round-robin fashion, we recommend keeping shared Activities assigned to the Team so everyone can track their progress.
Scheduling Team notifications
If you’re an Agency User and you belong to a Security Group with the "Security Groups & Teams" Administrative permission, you can schedule notifications to appear on the Dashboard of specific Teams. You can use these notifications to make announcements at your agency.
To schedule a Team Notification:
- Go to Settings > Servicing > Team Notifications and select the ‘Create New’ button.
- Enter the alert title and alert message.
- Specify when you want the notification to start and end.
- If you set the start date to today’s date, the notification will appear on your Teams’ dashboards as soon as you save the changes.
- Select which Teams you want to see the notification.
- When ready, select the 'Save' button to schedule the notificatoin.
Team notifications display on the Dashboard.
Note: Legacy components include outdated features and functionality that may not be present in your account. This section is only relevant if your account has them.
Turning a Team into a Sales Team
Teams have an optional “Sales Pipeline” functionality. This setting, if enabled, lets you assign the Team to active Sales Pipelines.
A Sales Pipeline is a visual representation of your sales process. Sales Teams are an important part of the Sales Pipeline. Only users on Sales Teams can create and manage Sales Opportunities (Opps) in Pipelines.
Managing Sales Opportunities
If a Team’s “Sales Pipeline” functionality is enabled, users on the Team can create and manage Sales Opportunities (Opps) in its associated Pipelines.
Note: Users on the Team must also belong to a Security Group with the appropriate Group/Individual and Sales Opportunity permissions to access and edit (Opps). Learn about the permissions needed for Opps and Pipelines.