Create Teams to help delegate tasks and set up Sales Pipelines in your agency. With Teams, you can assign Activities to multiple Users, give Users access to Sales Pipelines, and schedule Team-specific notifications to display on the Dashboard.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Creating a Team
To create and manage Teams, you must belong to a Security Group with the "Security Groups & Teams" Administrative permission.
- Go to Profile & Settings > Settings > Teams and select “New Team”.
- Enter the Team Name and mark the "Active" checkbox.
- The Team will only appear in dropdown lists if it is active.
- After creating the Team, you can start assigning Users to it.
Turning a Team into a Sales Team
All teams have an optional “Sales Pipeline” functionality, which allows you to turn an ordinary team into a sales team. If enabled, you can assign the sales team to sales pipelines. Learn how to set up sales pipelines.
Removing a Team
Before you remove a Team from AgencyBloc, we recommend first running the Activities report. This report will show you all Activities and who they’re currently assigned to. If the Team you’re removing is assigned to incomplete Activities, you may want to reassign those Activities to a different User or Team for follow-up.
Also, if the Team is associated with any Sales Pipelines, you will need to remove it from those Pipelines first.
Keep in mind, removing a Team may affect other areas of the application.
- Activity dropdown lists
The Team will no longer be available in Activity dropdown lists.
- Activities Dashboard
Users that were on the deleted Team will also no longer see its shared Activities on the Dashboard.
Users that were on the deleted Team will also no longer see its Activities on the AgencyBloc Calendar.
- Automated Workflow
Workflows with actions to assign Activities to the removed Team will instead be assigned to your agency’s backup User.
Assigning Users to a Team
To assign a User to a Team:
- Go to Settings > Users and select the User you want to assign to a Team.
- Please note, you must belong to a Security Group with the "Users" Administrative permission to modify User settings.
- In the Security section, select the Team(s) you want to assign the User to.
- The User will now receive email notifications (unless turned off in Profile & Settings > My Account) when Activities are assigned to the Team and see its shared Activities on the Activities Dashboard, as well as team notifications.
By default, Teams allow you to assign an Activity to a group of Users. Everyone on the Team can see its assigned Activities on their Activities Dashboard. If an Activity has a due date, it will also display on the calendar. Any User on the Team can take action on its Activities.
Note: If you’re using Teams to assign Activities in a round-robin fashion, we recommend keeping shared Activities assigned to the Team so everyone can track their progress.
Managing Sales Opportunities
If a Team’s “Sales Pipeline” functionality is enabled, Users on the Team can create and manage Sales Opportunities (Opps) in its associated Pipelines.
Note: Users on the Team must also belong to a Security Group with the appropriate Group/Individual and Sales Opportunity permissions to access and edit (Opps). Learn about the permissions needed for Opps and Pipelines.
Scheduling Team notifications
If you’re an Agency User and you belong to a Security Group with the "Security Groups & Teams" Administrative permission, you can schedule Team-specific notifications to appear on the Dashboard. You can use these notifications to make announcements at your agency.
Team notifications display on the Dashboard.