AMS+ can be configured to work with every type of user in your agency. Whether it's an in-house agent, commissions staff, a downline agent or administrative personnel, our highly customizable permissions and security groups give you control over what access each user has.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Security Groups determine what areas, data, and records your users can see and access in AMS+. Security Groups are required for user account creation and setup, and affect user pricing. Before adding a new user, you should go to Settings > Servicing > Security Groups and make sure you have an appropriate Security Group for them.
For setup tips and best practices, take our 10-minute User Security Groups & How to Add New Users course in the AgencyBloc Academy.
How to add a new user (Sales & Servicing)
The steps for adding a new user to AMS+ are the same for everyone. If the user needs access to Sales features, such as Sales Records, VoIP, or SMS texting, make sure you review and edit their user-specific Sales permissions and settings once they’re in the system.
To get started:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Servicing > Users setting.
- On the Users page, select the ‘Create New’ button.
- On the Edit Users page, find the New User section and add the person’s first name, last name, and email address. Make sure the ‘Active User’ checkbox is checked or they won’t be able to log in.
- In the Login Info section, create a new username and make sure the time zone is set correctly (it defaults to Eastern Standard Time).
- Don’t worry about setting a password, a temporary password will be sent to the new user via email at the end of setup.
- In the Security section, select and assign a Security Group to the new user.
- The Security Group determines what the user will be able to see and do in AMS+.
- If the user will be managing Sales Records or Individual Records in AMS+, add their Agent Record to the ‘Linked Agents’ field.
- If the user is an Agent CRM User, add their Agent Record to the ‘Accessible Agents’ field. This also applies to Agency Users that belong to Security Groups with record access restrictions.
- If the user needs to be able to see and work Activities with other users in a group, assign the user to a Team.
- If the user needs to be able to view other users’ Activities on the dashboard or calendar, first select the ‘View Other Users’ Activities’ checkbox. Then, choose the users whose Activities you want to make visible by checking the box next to each of their names.
- When ready, select the ‘Save & Email Login Info’ button.
If the user needs access to Sales features and functionalities
- Go to the Settings > Servicing > Users page and select the Sales tab
- On the Account Users > Sales tab, select the ‘...’ button next to the user you want to edit.
- On the Account tab, review the user’s settings and update accordingly. See this section for more details on each setting.
- Select the ‘SAVE UPDATE’ button when you’re done making changes.
How to delete or suspend a user
You can permanently delete users from Settings > Servicing > Users. All you have to do is access the user in question and delete it.
Note: Deleting a user will remove it from all dropdown menus in AMS+, as well as any Automated Workflows that have actions to create and assign Activities to the user.
If you want to temporarily suspend a user, uncheck the "Active" checkbox. Please note, the user will be inactivated but can be reactivated after a 14-day cooldown period.
If you just want to remove a user from Activity dropdowns without inactivating, contact the Client Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional user settings (Sales)
Text Messages Are Allowed Between: Determines when the user is allowed to send SMS text messages from AMS+. The default times are between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (based on the user’s time zone in My Account > Servicing > Time Zone), but can be customized. Learn more about texting in AMS+.
Calendar Link: A link pointing to the user’s Appointment Schedule. Only shows if the user is assigned to an Appointment Schedule. Learn more about Appointment Scheduling.
Custom Fields: Four optional fields for tracking agent or other user-specific information, like NPN, Birthdate, etc. These custom fields can be renamed in the Settings > Sales > Email, Columns, Calendar & Other Optional Features > Custom Agent Fields section.
Record Access: This setting controls which Sales Records the user can see. The user can either see all Sales Records in your account or only records that are assigned to them.
Agent Dropdown View: This setting controls whether the user can see and select only their own user profile as an option in agent dropdowns on Sales Records or all users in your account.
Record Type Access: This setting controls what Record Types the user can view and what they can do to Sales Records of each Record Type. The user can be assigned different permissions for each Record Type: View, Add, Edit, and Delete. Learn more about Record Types.
- User Can Download Reports: If enabled, the user can download Sales reports, including Custom Sales Reports.
- User Can View Messages Tab (Account Wide Voicemails, SMS, Record Calls): If enabled, the user can listen to voicemail recordings, view SMS text messages, and record calls on the Messages page.
- Agent Can View All SMS Messages (Account Admin’s Always Have Access): If enabled, the user will be able to access the Messages > SMS Messages tab by selecting the ‘Messages’ option in the Chat icon menu.
- User Can View Missed Calls: If enabled, the user will be able to access the Messages > Missed Calls tab by selecting the ‘Missed Calls’ option in the Phone icon menu. This permission is only available for AMS+ accounts with Scale Package.
- User Can View Unassigned Recordings: If enabled, the user will be able to access the Messages > Recordings tab by selecting the ‘Unassigned Call Recordings’ option in the Phone icon menu. This permission is only available for AMS+ accounts with Scale Package.
Additional user settings (Servicing)
Security Groups: A Security Group is a set of permissions that determines what users can see and do in AMS+.
Linked Agents: A Linked Agent is a connection between a user account and their Agent Record that ensures their assignments to Sales Records and Individual Records are consistently maintained. This connection preserves the user’s association with Sales Records and Individual Records when converting one record to the other and vice-versa.
Accessible Agents: An Accessible Agent is a connection between a user account and their Agent Record, allowing the user to be associated with Group, Individual, and Policy Records. Typically used to restrict the user’s access exclusively to Group, Individual, and Policy Records that pertain to their book of business.
Team: Teams are a way to assign Activities to a group of users. In addition, administrators can display notifications on the dashboard for a specific Team or Teams.