If you connect your email to our Email Integration, you'll gain access to the Mailbox View—a feature for managing your email inbox in AMS+. Easily organize, archive, delete, or save emails to records, all in one place.
IN THIS ARTICLE
About the Mailbox View
If you’ve connected an email account, you can access the Mailbox View. The Mailbox View is a mirror that reflects the folders and emails in your email account. Actions performed in your email provider’s web-based or desktop application will be reflected in the Mailbox View and vice-versa.
Note: The Mailbox View does not automatically associate emails with records in AMS+. You do, however, have the option to manually choose and save emails to records.
How to access the Mailbox View
- Select the email icon in the AMS+ header.
- Go to My Account > Servicing > Email > Integrate Your Email and select the “View Inbox” link.
In the Mailbox View, you can perform the following actions:
- Archive* - Moves the email from the ‘Inbox’ folder into the Archive folder.
- Delete - Moves the email into the ‘Trash’ or ‘Deleted’ folder. Deleting an email from the Mailbox View will delete it from your email account and can’t be undone.
- Move emails between folders (also drag and drop) - Takes the email out of one folder and places it into another.
- Search email content - Find a specific email conversation using keywords and phrases.
- View individual emails - Open and view email messages in your inbox and other folders (labels in Gmail).
- Download attachments - Download email attachments directly to your computer.
- Save as Activity - Creates a new Activity in AMS+ and associates it with an Agent, Carrier, Group, Lead, or Individual of your choosing. The following email data is pre-populated in the Activity:
- Email subject is populated in the Activity Subject.
- Email message is populated in the Activity Notes.
- Email attachments are attached to the Activity.
- Save as Email - Associates the email with an Agent, Carrier, Group, or Individual of your choosing.
*Available to Gmail email accounts only. Unlike most email providers, Gmail uses “labels” instead of folders. In Gmail, there are default “Inbox” and “All Mail” labels. When you archive an email in Gmail, the email loses its “Inbox” label but gains the “All Mail” label.
While similar to a web-based or desktop email application, you can’t perform these actions in the Mailbox View:
- Compose emails
- Send emails
Note: Archiving, deleting, or moving emails between folders in a web-based or desktop email application will be reflected in the Mailbox View.
Saving emails to AMS+
The emails you see in the Mailbox View are not actually in AMS+ until you save them to AMS+. You can save emails to AMS+ by associating them with entity records or creating Activities based on them.
How to create Activities
- On an email, select the ‘Save’ button.
- Choose which records you want to save the new Activity to.
- From the Mailbox View, you can save Activities to existing Agents, Carriers, Groups, Leads, or Individuals.
- Fill in the Activity details.
- Save to create the new Activity.
How to save emails to records
- On an email, select the ‘Save’ button.
- Choose which records you want to save the email to.
- From the Mailbox View, you can save emails to Agents, Carriers, Groups, or Individuals.
- Save to associate the email with the specified record.
- You can view saved emails on the records.
I tried to open an email in my Mailbox View but its contents are missing. What happened?
The email may have been deleted from your email account. Log in to your email account through a web-based or desktop email application to verify and resolve the problem.
My email account disappeared from the Mailbox View but I didn’t do anything. How do I fix this?
In rare cases, something could happen to the connection between AMS+ and your email provider. Go to My Account > Servicing > Email > Integrate Your Email to reconnect the account.
How do I add an email account to my Mailbox View?
You will have to go to My Account > Servicing > Email > Integrate Your Email and add the email account. Please note, you will need your email account’s login credentials and app password.
How do I hide or remove an email account from my Mailbox View?
You will have to go to My Account > Servicing > Email > Integrate Your Email and deactivate or remove the email account. If you deactivate the account, we will save your integration settings in case you want to reactivate the account later. If you remove the account, you will lose your integration settings and have to set everything back up again if you want to re-integrate the account.
Who can see my emails in AMS+?
When you save emails to AMS+ records, anyone with access to those records will be able to see its emails and Activities. Keep in mind, you can delete saved emails from records but not Activities.
If someone else has connected your email account, they will also be able to see your emails in the Mailbox View.