Formerly known as BlocMail. This is an existing feature and it functions the same, we just updated the name.
Did an agent or team member email you a list of new leads or to-dos? Are you reaching out to a client or prospect? Turn those conversations into actions and follow-ups or save them in AgencyBloc with Email Forwarding.
Basics of Email Forwarding
With Email Forwarding, you can send emails from any email provider to AgencyBloc.
To use Email Forwarding:
- Navigate to the Profile & Settings menu > My Account > Email Forwarding.
- Copy your Activity Forwarding Address.
- Your Activity Forwarding Address is unique to you and will only work with your email account(s).
- Paste your Activity Forwarding Address into the To: field or the CC or BCC fields of your email provider.
- The example below is from Gmail, but the fields may differ depending on your email provider.
- Send the email.
- Depending on your Email Forwarding settings, the incoming activity will turn into an activity assigned to you and automatically associate to an existing contact record in AgencyBloc. The activity will retain all attachments from the original email.
Tip: In your email provider, create a contact for your Activity Forwarding Address. It will autofill every time you want to use it.
Email Forwarding settings
You can let AgencyBloc associate incoming activities to records in your account or do it yourself.
AgencyBloc will look at the email address(es) of the incoming activity and attempt to associate it to an Individual record that has a matching email address (primary or secondary). If AgencyBloc can’t find a matching email address, the incoming activity will become “unassociated”. You will be able to manually associate it to a new or existing record in AgencyBloc. Visit the Unassociated Activities & Emails article to learn how.
Tip: Make sure your clients and agents have email addresses for their corresponding records in AgencyBloc and keep them up-to-date.
To associate incoming activities yourself, navigate to the Profile & Settings menu > My Account > Activity Forwarding Address and change the association settings. All incoming activities will become “unassociated”. You will need to associate them to new or existing records in your account. Visit the Unassociated Activities & Emails article to learn how.
If you don’t want to receive a notification email, navigate to the Profile & Settings menu > My Account > Your Info and update the corresponding setting in ‘Your Notifications’.
Activity status and due date
When you send an email to AgencyBloc, it will turn into an activity with a status and due date. You can use the status to track the activity's progress, and the due date will trigger a follow-up reminder. If the status is 'Complete', the incoming activity won't have a due date. Make sure these settings are configured to match your preferences before sending emails to AgencyBloc.
You can add a second email account to send emails to your Activity Forwarding Address. For example, if you have a work email and a personal email, you can send emails to your Activity Forwarding Address from both accounts.