If you have an existing phone number, you can port it from your current carrier (e.g., Verizon, T-Mobile, Twilio, RingCentral, Zoom, etc.) to AMS+. Porting allows you to use your existing numbers in AMS+ and take full advantage of our call-making and texting features.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What we need from you
All porting requests are handled by our phone service provider Twilio. In order to port a phone number to AMS+, Twilio requires documentation from you to complete the process.
- (Required) Download and fill out a copy of our authorization form
- (Required) Provide a copy of your last month’s bill from your current phone service provider
Make sure that your addresses on both the authorization and the billing statement match. The statement files must also be in PDF format.
- (Recommended) Register your phone number(s) at https://www.freecallerregistry.com to help keep them off spam lists
On the website, choose 'Other' in the I believe my calls are field instead of the ‘Financial Services’ option.
You can leave the Please provide further information if you have received specific feedback from customers regarding one or more instances of your phone calls being labeled incorrectly field blank.
- (Recommended) If you're a business, request a business verification to add your business name to the caller ID. Otherwise, your caller ID could show up incorrectly.
Send us the following information and we’ll submit it to Twilio on your behalf:
Business Name, EIN, Business Address, Phone, Website, Email, and Social Media Profile.
Note: This is only available to businesses who haven't created an LLC or other business entity. This is not currently available to individuals.
Note: If you’re already using Twilio, you will still need to move your number to AMS+, but you won’t need to send the above documentation to us. Just let us know you’re using Twilio and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you want to port a Google Voice number, please send us the Account PIN and a screenshot of your Google Voice account.
For mobile and VoIP carriers, if you are using an outgoing dialer, please contact the carrier and ask them for a Transfer PIN.
How to submit a porting request
Contact our Client Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure that your email includes the PDF files of both your completed authorization form and the billing statement from your current phone service provider for the last month. Once we have those files, we can open a request with Twilio.
Note: It may take up to 14 business days or longer for Twilio to complete the porting process. While your number is being ported, we recommend that you keep it active and use it until the process is complete.
When should you port a number?
All AMS+ accounts include 1 free phone number. If your account has the Growth or Scale Package, you can use this number for texting. However, to make and record calls, your account must be on the Scale Package.
Porting is a great option if you have an established business phone number and plan to utilize our call-making features. If your goal is to only send SMS text messages, we recommend maximizing the use of the 1 free number included with your account.
Caution: We advise against porting personal cell phone numbers, as completing the porting process will result in the loss of your ability to make or receive calls or texts on your mobile device
Can I purchase a number from AMS+ and use it while my numbers are being ported?
Can I delete a purchased number after mine have finished porting over?
Yes. However, please be aware that you will still incur charges for any call minutes or texts used with the purchased number.
My phone number was successfully ported. What’s next?
Navigate to your agency settings to properly set up your number(s). Go to Settings > Sales > Phone Dialer & Call Queues and confirm that your ported number is present and ready to use.
- Click-To-Call: If you have not activated click-to-call and call recordings, please set these up now.
- Caller ID: Select 'MAKE PUBLIC' on the Caller ID section if you want agents to be able to select it as their Caller ID. If you want this number to be the account default number, select 'SET AS CALLER ID'.
- Phone Numbers: You will want to associate a voicemail message with it, and check the settings at the very least. You may also want to check "Make SMS Default.”
- Greetings & Recordings: If you haven't yet set up voice mail messages or welcome messages (such as "This call will be recorded. Transferring to a licensed agent now”) or an IVR menu, go to the Greetings & Recordings tab to create that VM message.