The Commission Payments report shows how much commission was brought into your agency, along with the payee and splits (how it was paid out). This article covers the preconfigured standard report and includes a Custom Reporting recipe. You can use the recipe to build your own versions of the Commission Payments report.
Note: Only accounts with Commissions+ can access and use AMS+'s commission features.
IN THIS ARTICLE
What's in the report
To run this report, you must have the following Security Group permissions:
- Report “Visible”
- Visible (Full Commission Viewing)
*Only appears if you’re running the report by Transaction.
**Every payment record is assigned to a unique number.
Interpreting the data
With the Commission Payments report, you can download a list of all commission entries by Agent Statement Date and see how they were split.
Using this report to see how much is getting paid to their agents.
Custom report recipe
With Custom Reporting, you can access the same data as the Standard Report but you’ll have more flexibility to choose the columns and filters for your report. Below is a recipe to help you get started.
- Select 'Policies' report type
- You cannot build this report using other report types. The Policy Commission Settings fields are only available in the ‘Policies’ report type.
- Add report filters (optional)
- Statement Date
- You can set filters to narrow down specific data that pulls into your report results. Visit the Adding Filters to Custom Reports article to learn more.
- Add report columns
Policy Details > Policy Info
- Policy Number
- Project Code
Policy Details > Policy Dates
- Effective Date
Policy Details > Agent Info
- Account Manager Name
Related Options > Group Details > Group Info
- Group Name
Related Options > Commissions > Commission Entries
- Statement Date
- Carrier Name
- Servicing Agent Name
- Servicing Agent Number
- Holder Name
- Coverage Type
- Revenue Type
- Rate Type
- Commission Received
Related Options > Commissions > Commission Payments
- Payee Name
- Rate Table
- One Time Payment
Related Options > Commissions > Policy Commission Settings
- Revenue Code
- You can rearrange the column order, rename the column headings, and use aggregate functions to change how the data is displayed in your report results. Visit the Adding Columns to Custom Reports article to learn more.
- Preview report results
- Visit the Previewing and Saving Custom Reports article for more details.