Want to dig deeper into your commission data? Create your own commission reports with Custom Reporting. Save them to use again and again, and share them with others at your agency. Learn more about custom reports and commission data in this article.
Note: Only accounts with the Commission Processing module can access and include commission data in Custom Reporting.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Adding commission data to custom reports
In AgencyBloc, navigate to Custom Reporting and select the 'Commissions' report type. Then, select and add report fields from the Report Options panel to build your custom reports.
How do I know what data to use?
If you want to view statement data from the carriers, use report fields from the Commission Entries report grouping. To view statement data for your agents, use report fields from the Commission Payments report grouping.
- Commission Entries - Includes historical data from carrier files that were uploaded to AgencyBloc using Import Carrier Data. Shows how much commission your agency received from the carriers.
- Commission Payments - Includes historical data about commissions that were paid out to payees on your policies. Shows how commissions were paid out to your agents.
You can add commission entry and commission payment data to the other report types as well, using Related Options. Related Options include current data about Group, Individual, Policy, Agent, and Carrier details as they relate to the 'Commissions' report type.
If you have commission setup permissions, the 'Policies' report type will have extra commission fieldsets. These fieldsets allow you to add commission data on the following:
- Projected Commissions - Includes commission projection table data, found in Commissions > Manage Projection Tables.
- Policy Commission Payees - Includes current policy commission payee settings, found in Policies > Commission > Payees.
- Policy Commissions Settings - Includes current policy commission settings, found in Policies > Commission > Settings.
Where is the commission data coming from?
Custom Reporting pulls historical data on your agency’s commission activity. This data comes from commission records (imported carrier files, manual entries, etc.) that were entered into AgencyBloc. Visit this article to learn more about importing commission data.
If you notice any questionable data in the report results, you can double-check them on Commission > View & Edit Entries page. The commission entry and commission payment data from your report results will reflect what you see here.
Please keep in mind, the commission report fields will pull point-in-time data. So you could see different data if you add commission details to the other report types or if you add details from Related Options to the 'Commissions' report type.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Group and Individual details in Related Options are associated through the commission policy’s current policyholder, not necessarily the policyholder at the time the commission record was processed.
- Commission Servicing Agent details in Related Options are associated through the commission policy’s current servicing agent, not necessarily the servicing agent at the time the commission record was processed.
- Commission Payee Agent details in Related Options are associated through the commission payment records for each commission entry at the time of commission processing.
- Carrier details in Related Options are associated through the commission carrier at the time the commission record was processed.
Security restrictions will prevent viewing details from Related Options if you do not have access to view those details in the application itself.
Building a custom commission report
The standard commission reports and agent statements are preconfigured and designed for specific purposes. With a few inputs, you can quickly extract data on your commission activity. But, you can't alter or save the settings. With Custom Reporting, you can access more data with greater customization.
To get started, follow the steps below to build a basic custom commission report. As a rule of thumb, start small, adjust, and refine for the best results.
- Select report type
- Add report filters (optional)
- Statement Date
- You can set filters to narrow down specific data that pulls into your report results. Visit the Adding Filters to Custom Reports article to learn more.
- Add report columns
- Statement Date
- Commission Received
- Commission Paid
- Net Commission
Tip: If you want to see these numbers totaled by Carrier, add Carrier Name from the Commission Entries fieldsets as the first column in your report. You can also view totals by agency and/or agent by adding payee columns from the Commission Payments fieldsets prior to any summary columns.
- Carrier Name
- Payee Name
- Payee Number
Tip: Rearranging the columns in the Report Columns panel will change the way the amounts are summarized, as long as they precede the summary columns. See the Adding Columns to Custom Reports article for more details on column customization.
For instance, is Carrier is listed before Agency, the summary will be grouped by Carrier, then Agency. If the order is reversed, amounts will be calculated by Agency, then by Carrier.
- Preview report results
- Visit the Previewing and Saving Custom Reports article for more details.
Permissions and securities for commission custom reports
To use the 'Commissions' report type, you must have access to commissions data in the application. If you don’t see something you are expecting to see, check with your account administrator to make sure you have the right permissions.
Related Options are also restricted based on your permissions for other areas of the application.